Chapter 23- how is she?

Matt's POV:

Seeing Addie in that condition again was like a nightmare come true. I thought that finally, after going back to her father and brother, she would be happy. But she wasn't. She was happy to see them again, to live with them again, to know that her father loves her, but Antonio's behaviour was breaking her worse then Lucy ever could.

I was furious when Antonio told me what he said to her and I wanted to do exactly what Mark did. But I knew she wanted us not to fight. That is the reason she didn't tell us about him. Addie is the most loving, forgiving and trusting person I have ever met. When many would have closed off, when Lucy was slowly killing her, when she was just a child, instead of shutting everyone off and letting herself die, she trusted me and Mark. She trusted us enough to tell us everything and for that I'm proud of her. She has a beautiful soul that deserves so much better than what she has. She is still only a child. A child who got stabbed by her mother and is in the ICU at the moment.

Antonio had called Caleb and Alyssa. This was the first time I met them but I think that they both truly care about her. And for that I'm grateful.

Lucy has gone to jail and will probably be in there for a long time because of all the evidence against her. That was good news but I couldn't bring myself to be happy when Addie was still unconscious. As a doctor, After seeing the wound I could tell that her important organs were avoided and that she'll be fine. My rational part of my mind was repeating that again and again. But, as a brother, the worry was still eating me up. I knew she'll be fine but I couldn't bring myself to believe it until the doctor who was taking care of Addie came out.

"Who is here with Miss Adrianna Jones?" The doctor asked. He was actually my replacement and an old friend.

"Hey Zach. I am here with her. How is she doing?" I asked worry lacing my tone.

"Oh hello Matt. Don't worry. She lost a lot of blood but she is stable now. We have moved her to another room. The knife injury was close to her large intestine but didn't quiet touch it. She is very lucky if you ask me. Again don't worry. I'm sure she'll wake up in a few hours." He gave me reassuring smile to which I smiled in relief.

"Thank you Zach. Can we go see her?" I asked

"Sure. But it would be good if only one person goes in at a time. You know the drill. We don't want to put too much pressure on her or wake her up before her body heals as much as necessary."

"Yeah I'll make sure only one person goes at a time. Once again. Thank you so much for taking care of her. She is my little sister, and I wouldn't have been able to handle it of something happened to her"

"You are very welcome man. And its my job to make sure all my patients are safe anyways" he grinned at me before walking away.

"What did he say Matt?" Mark asked. Instead of explaining everything individually, I got everyone together and explain everything Zach told me. They were all relieved. Antonio told Caleb about Lucy but Alyssa didn't know about it in case Addie didn't want to share anything with her. It's her secret to share and I wasn't about to interfere.

Everyone went in to see her except me and Antonio. I just wanted to give everyone a chance before going in myself and I think Antonio was just worried and regretted his actions.

"Hey baby. I'm sorry for not coming earlier. I should have been there for you. Lucy is going to the jail and won't be able to harm you ever again. I love you so much. Please wake up" I kissed her hand and sat there in silence for a while before walking outside to make sure I don't disturb her.

Adrianna Jones' POV:

I woke up to see an unfamiliar room and panicked slightly. I looked around and noticed it was that it was a hospital room and a nurse was adjusting the cushions of the sofa at the corner. I coughed and attracted her attention. She asked me if I felt any pain and gave me some water before going to tell my family that I woke up. I was confused as to what happened but decided to ask later.

I was barely able to sit up when Alyssa came running in.

"Anna. I was so worried." She hugged me while I just awkwardly patted her back.

"Hey Aly. Sorry to worry you." I smiled. "What time is it?" I asked

"Um around- shit- 7:30. I have to go. I'm so sorry. My mom's going to kill me if I don't get home before she wakes up. I'm sorry." she rambled

"Its okay. Don't worry. Go before you get in trouble" I encouraged and she finally left

"Hey" I waved when I saw everyone except Nio standing there. I've decided to call him Nio no matter what he say. Freedom of speech. Right?

"Hey? Seriously Grande. You nearly scare us all to death and then hey?" Mark hugged me even tighter than Alyssa did.

"Mark. Mark. Cant- breath" I pretended to gasp. He was hugging me tightly but not enough to choke me.

"Sorry. Sorry ari. I'm just worried. How are you feeling" he loosed his hold

"Like shit" I said

"Well you look like shit. Does anything hurt?" his tone changed from playful to worried.

"I'm fine. Just tired. Its probably the drugs" I said.

"Mark. Let everyone talk to her." Matt said before he could say anything. I hugged Matt and he asked me if I was okay. Everyone did I guess. I talked to Caleb and Dad and after a while they all left me so I could sleep. Also because visiting time was almost over but that wasn't really a problem because Matt could talk to them if necessary. But he said that I needed to rest to get better. Only one person was allowed to stay bit I told them to go and rest. They went to Matt's old house which was being taken care of by caretakers.

I fell asleep only to wake after a few hours to the sound of my own coughing. I tried to get the water but my chest started hurting. Someone quickly gave me the water. After drinking it, I looked up to say thank you and realized that it was actually Nio.