Chapter Seven

Incessant knocking on the front door makes me groan and I drop the clothes that I've been packing to see who it is.

I open the door and smile at Kieran who looks extremely shy.

That's when I notice there is another familiar looking dude behind him. He's taller than Kieran and way more strongly built, with a fierce scowl on his face. His shaggy blond hair is shades darker than mine and his eyes are a soft light blue that remind me of lakes. I think I know who this is.

"Kier, is this your boyfriend?"

He nods and glances lovingly at his companion. His scowl softens just a bit and my mind buzzes with recognition.

"Julian! Are you Julian?"

The boy- Julian I guess- squints. "Have we met?" His voice is deep and sultry. No wonder Kieran fell for him.

I usher them in and hand each of them a glass of water.

Kieran is looking at both of us suspiciously. I shake my head. "No, we haven't met, but I met your parents- Elora and Xander. Such amazing people. I saw your photo on their walls."

Julian blinks and takes a sip of water. "Right. You were the girl that came to my house after you were attacked. They talked a lot about you. I think they prefer you over me."

Scrunching up my nose, I sit next to Kieran and answer him. "Of course not. Elora and Xander love you so much. They're always talking about you. Your mum misses you so much. Why don't you visit her?"

My brother winces slightly and I regret my question. It's definitely a touchy topic.

Julian's scowl deepens. "I'm a werewolf. I doubt my parents want a monster in their house." He looks away and closes his eyes briefly. I'm about to protest that he's definitely not a monster when Kieran places his hand on my wrist.

"Jules, this is my hermana, Kathryn."

He nods and I smile softly. Kieran then gets up and shows his boyfriend to his borrowed room and I can see by the way that Julian leans into Kieran even while walking that they truly adore each other.

I finish packing up an hour later and find Brandon at the doorway, his hip resting on the side. I grin. "Are you bored? Is that why you're looking at me?"

"No." He unhitches himself from the door and nears me. "I like looking at you."

"Oh." My mouth feels dry. I keep glancing at his lips and I move forward. Who said only guys have to make the first move? Brandon closes his eyes and slants his head towards me and I can actually feel the blood rushing in my body.

"Okay, lovebirds. Come out, we have to leave."

Goddamn you Tara. You have the worst timing since Napoleon decided to invade Russia in winter.

Rolling my eyes, I storm out of the room with my bag. I'm pretty sure I can hear Brandon curse behind me. At least I'm not the only disappointed one.

Kieran and Julian are sitting on the couch. My brother's hand is on Julian's lap and I smile. So cute.

Julian looks up at me briefly and glances away. I don't know what's his deal. Did he really think that his parents wanted me more than him? I contemplate calling Elora, but I did that yesterday and she would freak out if I told her I met her son. She'd be hurt too; that he's in Texas and hasn't visited her.

Tara zips up her pouch and observes Kieran and his boyfriend. "Kieran, is this your boyfriend?"

He nods.

"No wonder." She snorts and opens the door. "Are you all coming or do you need a fucking invitation?"

I walk next to her on the sidewalk as we go down Morrison street. The sky is a deep blue as the sun sets. "How are we going to this place? Plane?"