Chapter 25

Adrian's POV

Since soccer practice ended early, a few of my teammates wanted to watch the cheerleaders practice. I decided to join them since Sierra was on the cheerleading team, and I wanted to check on her. We didn't talk much, and I wanted to get to know her more. I figured this would be a good opportunity to check on her and make sure that she was adapting to her new life well.

During the performance, I noticed that Sierra had a dull expression on her face, compared to the game where she had a small grin. There was no doubt she was focused entirely on her performance, and I was impressed by the amount of stunts she could do in a single routine. A few members from my team watched in awe as the cheerleaders finished their routine. They did a great job, and I was especially proud of Sierra for pulling that off.

While the coach completed the girls and thanked us for watching, Sierra suddenly fainted. A few of the other cheerleaders gasped, the coach looked shocked, and a girl, who I presumed to be Sierra's friend, bursted into hysterics. A few of my teammates and I rushed over to help Sierra, and the coach dialed an ambulance.

"Sierra, can you hear me?" her friend pleaded. "Please, it's me, Diana. You're going to going to be okay. Coach dialed an ambulance."

"Did someone call her parents?" another girl asked. "Or perhaps, does she have a sibling that we can reach?"

"I'm not too sure," Diana responded. "She never mentioned anything about a sibling or her parents, as far as I can remember."

A few minutes later, the ambulance came, and Sierra was put on a stretcher. The coach dismissed us, and I used this opportunity to tail the ambulance that was taking her to the hospital. Much to my surprise, her friend, Diana was there, and so were Damon and Diego.

"Doctor, how is she?" Diana asked when the doctor came outside into the waiting room. "She's going to be okay, right? Does she have any serious injuries?"

"Are you related to her?" the doctor asked.

"No, but I'm friends with her from school. I just want to make sure she's okay before leaving."

"That's nice of you, but unfortunately, I can't disclose what potential injuries she has unless you're a member of her immediate family. However, I can say that she'll be okay. She's just unconscious right now."

"Alright, I just wanted to check on her. Thank you, I'll be going now." With that, Diana left the room, leaving Damon, Diego, and I together.

"Is there something I can do for the three of you?"

"Nah, it's just that Damon was wondering how his girlfriend was doing. After all, she did collapse earlier today. He's been like, really worried. I think some of his hair even turned gray. Like holy shit, dude, are you okay? Do you need me to book you a hair salon appointment? " The doctor's face turned crimson while Damon looked pissed.

"What the hell? She's not my girlfriend, dumbass. I just came to see how she was doing since her friend, Diana, asked me," he sighed. "Why did you have to tag along?"

"If that's the case, both of you are more than welcome to leave, but if you don't mind, I have to contact her legal guardian," she replied, then looked at me. "Sir, is there a reason why you're here?"

"Yeah, I just wanted to check on her."

"Unless you're a member of her immediate family, I'm afraid I can't disclose anything. Do you have any relation to her?"

"I'm her brother." Well, so much for revealing her identity at the right time.

"Alright, hang on for a moment, I have to go check on her." The doctor left, leaving me alone with Damon and Diego.