12

We pull into the parking lot of a restaurant waiting for Verone's men to show up. We're following them to Verone to get the package.

"Here we go," I state.

"Yeah, so you know what to do," Brian tells us. "Just stay cool, keep focused. Remember, the airstrip's on Nallwood Avenue. It's the third exit after the bridge."

"Got it," Rome tells him.

"So what up, man? You ready for this?" Brian asks.

"Come on, man. Guns, murderers and crooked cops?" Rome remarks. "I was made for this, brah."

Brian smiles. "What about you, Toni?"

I laugh lightly. "I finally get to use my driving for something good."

We follow the two goons to a trailer park. They get out of their car and pull two sledgehammers out of the trunk.

"Come on," the goon tells us.

The knock on the door of a trailer home. Some guy opens the door. The guy comes out with a bag. The two goons go inside and it sounds like they're taking down a wall. I can see that the wall is filled with cash. The goons put the money in a duffle bag and throw it to Brian.

"Load up."

The goons put bags of cash in each of our cars. Then suddenly I can hear sirens. I look at Brian concerned.

"Cops," Brian mutters.

We hurry into the cars. Well all of us but Rome. He gets in the car the goons were driving and puts a rock on the accelerator. It darts careening into the cops hitting one of the cars. Rome laughs as he gets into his car.

I follow Rome and Brian. We race down the highway weaving in and out of traffic. I can hear sirens, probably the local PD trying to chase us. Their best driver would never be able to catch up to us.

The cops are on my tail as we weave through the traffic.

"Shit," I remark.

Suddenly a helicopter is flying low in front of us. The two guys hanging out of it shot something at Rome and Brian's cars. They swerve across the road causing me to swerve to avoid them. The cops behind me wind up hitting each other and causing a pile up.

Brian hangs out of his car to pull the hook from the side door.

"What are you doin?" I shout.

The goon has the car in the grass. The cops manage to get around the cars that hit each other. Rome and I are trying to block the cop cars from getting to Brian. His car is slowing down. He finally manages to pull the hook out. He throws it hitting the front of a cop car. The car swerves causing another pile up.

Brian's car finally starts to speed up again. We can finally put the pedal to the metal. Another helicopter is tailing us as we take the exit. I follow Brian and Rome close as we take turn after turn trying to get the cops off our tales. The cops try to take us from all sides but we manage to get through them. I can only imagine Verone's two goons are shitting themselves with the ride Rome and Brian are giving them.

"Hey, man. Everyone's here. Time for the show," Brian says.

"Let's give it to 'em," Rome says.

"Let the party begin," I tell them.

We pull into the storage facility Tej showed us. The cops follow us in. Brian, Rome, and I pull through three partially opened garage doors. They close before the cops can get in.

Everyone starts to rev their engines. Every garage door opens and trucks start to pull out. It wasn't too hard to get the help. Everyone down here seems to care for Brian and I or at least respect us. The trucks plow into the front of the cop cars pushing them out of the way.