CHAPTER 37

It was nearly the end through the summer break. Again, Remus already brought Jaiden to buy her school stuff earlier than other students. Remus and Jaiden had decided to stay longer at Remus's house so that they will go to Jaiden's place two weeks before the school start.

One day, she walked down to the living room to see her father was staring at something. She walked to her father and tapped his shoulder from behind. Remus jumped slightly and turned around.

"Jaiden. Good morning." He said with a smile that didn't reached his eyes

"Morning. Are you okay?" She asked. Remus nodded.

"I'm fine. Err..let me cook our breakfast first." He said and walked to the kitchen. Jaiden looked at her father weirdly. It didn't go unnoticed by Jaiden that her father have a worried and sad expression. Then she spotted the Daily Prophet on the coffee table. She picked it up and started to read it.

BLACK STILL AT LARGE

Sirius Black, possibly the most infamous prisoner ever to be held in Azkaban fortress, is still eluding capture, the Ministry of Magic confirmed today.

'We are doing all we can to recapture Black,' Said the Ministry of Magic, Cornelius Fudge, this morning, 'and we beg the magical community to remain calm.'

Fudge has been criticized by some members of  the International Federation of Warlocks for informing the Muggle Prime Minister of the crisis.

'Well, I had to, don't you know.' Said an irritable Fudge. 'Black is mad. He is danger to anyone who crosses him, magic or muggle. I have the Prime Minister's assurance that he will not breath a word of Black's true identity to anyone. And let's face it- who'd believe him if he did?'

While muggles have been told that Black is carrying a gun (a kind of metal wand which muggles use to kill each other), the magical community lives in fear of  a massacre like that of twelve years ago, when Black murdered thirteen people with a single curse.

Jaiden looked into the shadowed eyes of her Uncle Siri, the only part of the sunken face that seemed alive. She sighed. She still thought that he was innocent. She stared at the picture of him and thinking. She were pulled out from her deep thought when her father called her.

"Cub. Breakfast ready." Remus called from the kitchen. Jaiden walked to the kitchen and sat across from her father. She thanked Remus for the food then started to eat. They're halfway through their food when Remus spoke.

"Cub. I'm sorry but we'll not going to stay at your mom's house for this two weeks." Remus said sadly. Jaiden swallowed her food and looked up at her father.

"This is about Uncle Siri, isn't it?" Jaiden asked with an expression that Remus couldn't tell. She asked him without any emotions. Remus nodded slowly. She sighed and muttered 'Fine'. Remus noticed that Jaiden looked sad with his decision, but that was the right thing to do.

They continued to eat until they heard a soft tapping on the window above the kitchen sink. There they saw Jake, Jaiden's owl, was waiting patiently for her with a letter on his beak.

Jaiden got up and opened the window. Jake flew in and landed on Jaiden's shoulder. She took the letter from his beak and pet him. She sat back down and tore it opened.

Dear Jaiden,

        Hi! How are you doing? I hope you fine. I was wondering if you can go to Hogwarts with the train. I hope Professor Lupin don't mind.