Chapter 5: The Cruel Reality

"TAFU, PLEASE! I'M PLEADING WITH YOU, TAKE NOA!"
"MA'AM, I CAN HELP YOU GET OUT FROM HERE!"
"GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE WITH HER, TAFU! I'M BEGGING YOU!"

"DAMMIT!" Tafu says, after grabbing Noa's hand and they begin to run for the apartment.
"MOOM!"

Another bomb hits a house, and someone is launched out.

"H-Hey Tafu.. wasn't that Masa's clothes?"

Tafu looks at the body, the leather jacket, the key to his house.

"M-Masa?"

"GET UP! STAND UP PLEASE!"
"NOA, GIVE IT UP! MASA'S GONE, WE HAVE TO LEAVE HIM!"
"HIS FAMILY, DON'T THEY DESERVE TO SEE HIM?! TO BURY HIM?!" Noa says, as she sobs and cries, as the crowd screams and sprints in the opposite direction.

"WE HAVE TO GO!" Tafu says, as he picks her up and begins to sprint.

"Tafu, what the hell is happening?!" Toshiro asks, as Tafu grabs his hand and keeps running.
"The war's reached here. We have to get to my apartment, there's a vault we can hide in!" Tafu says, as bombs hit the building beside them.

Tafu kicks open the door to his apartment and run downstairs, entering the vault.

".."
"What's wrong?!" Tafu asks, as Toshiro stares at the door.

"M-My family.. The building that hit was my family's house.."
"I'm sorry, but all you can do for them is to live. Get inside, I'll lock the door." Tafu says, as he opens the door, but can't lock it from the inside.

"What's wrong?" Noa asks, as Tafu and Toshiro look at each other.

"It can't lock from the inside."
"I'll lock it, you stay here with Noa." Tafu says, as Toshiro grabs Tafu by the collar.

Toshiro throws Tafu into the vault and locks the door.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!"
"I'M NOT LEAVING THEM! STAY HERE." Toshiro says, after propping a cabinet on the door, keeping Tafu from getting out.

"GOD DAMN IT, OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW!"
"TAFU, GET DOWN!" Noa says, as the outside glows a bright orange.

As a boom hits the door like a shockwave, the two sit on the floor, cursed with the curse of memory.

Back to the present..

"Where's Akira?"
"She's in the room next to u-"

A bang could be heard, not as loud as a gunshot, but just loud enough for everyone in the hospital to be on high alert.

"Crap.. why'd you have to keep the pinky?!" Fuben says, as he begins to freak out.

"Why? What's going on?"
"They're here, Itami's sent some goons to test how much of a fuss you can put up. I can't be seen no matter what happens, so we need to leave!" Fuben says, as Fruity and Kamaye enter. 

"Then you're staying. Fruity, give Akira the keys to the car outside. Akira, you're going with.." Okawa asks Kanashi, as Kanashi stares deep into space.
"Kanashi."
"Kanashi, you're going with Akira and Rhed, and your bringing Shizuka."

"Now why do you have to take Shizuka?" Kamaye asks, as Yuki responds.
"They're only gonna be driving to the town next to us, we can go there if we need to!"

"Alright.. with no objections, everyone get ready to get hurt!"

Akira brings people down to the car, as Kanashi picks up Rhed. As Shizuka follows after them, Fruity and Kamaye move up the hallway. Yuki and Fuben hide in Okawa's room, as Okawa stretches his legs. As the men in suits run up the stairs, Okawa begins to speak.