Chapter 7

Mai landed on Hermione's shoulder, causing the poor girl to jump in surprise. Mai burst out laughing at the startled girl. "Hello Hermione!" 

"Don't do that again!" She stomped her foot in annoyance and crossed her arms. 

"Don't we have to find Harry and Ronald?" She sighed as Hermione nodded in agreement. 

"Mr and Mrs Weasley are here too, Said they'll be in Flourish and Blotts." Mai nodded and unfolded her wings, leaping off of Hermione's shoulder and lazily following the bushy haired girl from above. over head of new and old students. Some familiar faces waving enthusiastically at her. 

Mai dived down suddenly and through the door right behind Hermione, turning back into the empty space above. She glanced at the large crowd below and the platinum haired boy above them. With a sigh she dived back down and latched her talons onto Mrs Weasley's shoulder, Who jumped in surprise.

"Oh! Hello Mai!" She smiled at the bird before darting her attention back to the crowd below. A man stood at the end, fluffy blonde hair, A blue cloak draped over his shoulders and his vest of similar colour. Mai could admit he was somewhat handsome, just wouldn't have been her type if she was still a witch. 

She looked at a nearby sign and read it, tilting her head slightly. Gilderoy Lockhart. She's heard of him, famous hunter who's explored the whole world, accomplishing amazing feats by defeating beasts, monsters. She wasn't all that impressed by being a beast herself, though a less harmful one unlike her ancestors. 

Mai's attention went back to the man signing books and gloating about his smile when he pulled Harry up to the front and into his side for a very awkward and uncomfortable hug. She chattered her beak softly and nodded with acknowledgement at a fresh Hogwarts Alumni. 

After a sudden flash of a nearby camera, Mai's eyesight went fuzzy and a loud ringing stomped through her head, she slammed her eyes shut and frantically shook her head, hoping for the feeling to cease, Her eyes opened once more and the blurred vision slowly became in focus again and the ringing softened until it was no more. 

She sent a nasty glare to the man's back upfront with the camera. She unfolded her wings and followed after Harry who was desperate to get out of the situation. But he was stopped by Draco's voice. 

"Bet you loved that didn't you Potter?" He sneered at him but faltered at the sight of a large black owl with piercing baby-blue eyes gently clinging to Harry's head and glaring down at the platinum haired boy. But nonetheless continued taunting the raven haired boy.

"Famous Harry Potter." He spat. "Can't even go into a bookshop without making it to the front page." 

"Leave him alone." Ginny snarled lowly at him, Mai narrowed her eyes at the boy in front of him, close to beating his head violently with her beak until his hair is more red then the whole Weasley family.

Draco smirked and turned to Harry once more. "Oh look Potter, Got yourself a girlfriend?" He sighed at the feeling of a cane colliding with his shoulder, He was shoved away gently by his father.

"Now now Draco, Play nicely." His gaze flickered to the boy underneath Mai, Then Mai's deadly stare, very quickly realising she's pissed off beyond belief, decides to be nice for now. "Mr Potter." He held his hand out, Letting Harry shake it. "Lucius Malfoy, We meet at last."

"Please forgive me." Lucius smiled and used his cane to gently push the boy's hair out of his face. "Your scar is legend, As of course is the wizard who gave it to you."

"Voldemort killed my parents, he was nothing more then a murderer." Harry spoke lowly, watching as the smile dropped from Lucius' lips. 

Lucius hummed softly. "You must be very brave to mention his name, Or very foolish." 

"Fear of a name, only increases fear of the thing itself." Hermione butted in, narrowing her eyes. Mai finally noticed Hermione was with them and decided to move over to her, taking a rest on the girls shoulder.

Lucius turned to her, "And you must be, Miss Granger." Lucius looked at Draco, nodding his head gently for confirmation, To which he gave. "Yes, Draco and told me all about you, and your parents." 

Hermione glanced at her parents, Mai kept a stern eye on Lucius, warning him not to take it any further. "Muggles, Aren't they?" His gaze finally recognised Mai's anger and turned to Ron. "Let me see, Red hair, vacant expressions." He took a book from Ginny's cauldron. "second hand book. Must be the Weasleys."

"Children!" Arthur announced his arrival, "It's mad in here, why don't we go outside?" 

"Well, well, well. Weasley Senior." Lucius cooed condescendingly, Mai tenses up her jaw, causing her beak to chatter unwillingly. 

"Lucius." Arthur retorted with.

"Hermione, tell them to get outside before I hurt someone." Mai sighed, glancing at the girl beside her.

"Mai wants us outside Arthur." Hermione relays. 

Lucius nods and places the books back into Ginny's cauldron. "Very well, See you soon Mai, See you at work Weasley." They both walked out, Draco lingering behind and sneering at Potter.

"See you at school Potter." He scrunched his nose in distaste but he quickly fled at the sight of Mai unfolding her wings and clamping her talons on his cloak. 

"I'll catch up Hermione." She quickly dragged Draco out, pecking his head violently with anger, his perfectly gelled back hair coming out of place and beginning to fade pink then red. 

Draco shrieks and she sends him one last death promising glare before unfolding her wings and flying off, purposely holding on for a second or two longer so his feet fly off the ground before she dropped him to the floor. 

OMG! Hi guys! A new chapter? Who would've guessed because I didn't lol, I've been toying with the idea of Draco taking the potion too so she can yell and scream at him aswell, What do you all think of that idea? see you next chapter! xxx