002. bitter hospital smell

bitter hospital smell / chapter two

"you really thought you could get rid of me that easily?"

get rid of me that easily?"

ADELAIDE LAID ON THE HOSPITAL BED with her hands comfortably resting on each side. Her friends had not left her side since the bonfire incident, which was almost two days ago. In those two days, she had yet to wake up. The doctors said it was due to the severe head injury she received from the rock and apparently wouldn't know if she had sustained some sort of brain trauma until she woke up. All they could do was wait, and so they waited.

It seemed like waiting was also all that the Camerons could do as well. Rafe had disappeared right after knocking Adelaide out, and no one had seen him since. The police were also looking for him, wanting to question him after what John B and the Pogues had told them; as did many other bystanders. He was a fugitive now, and running away was definitely not helping his case.

Rafe knew he couldn't get out of this one, especially since it wasn't his first time getting into trouble with the police. His father had bailed him out too many times already, and he knew he wasn't going to help him this time. "You get into any more trouble and I'm not bailing you out, you hear me Rafe?!", Ward had told his son about two weeks ago when he was arrested for being caught with drugs.

But it was only a matter of time until they'd find him, and the clock was ticking. Not just for him, but for Adelaide too.

꒰ 🌊 ꒱

A few hours had passed and John B still sat uncomfortably on the grey couch, flickering his hands as he looked at his sister's fragile state in front of him. He hadn't left her side at all, he hadn't showered, he hadn't eaten, and he hadn't slept. He had taken a few pills for the headache, but they could only do so much. The nonstop crying and the lack of food in his system didn't exactly help. He couldn't think straight either. Just the thought of losing the only family he had left caused a sick feeling in his stomach.

The Pogues too hadn't left the hospital, even Kiara was surprisingly still there, but she was only there for John B. She sat closely next to him, one hand on his knee while the other one rubbed his back.

Pope rested his head on the couch, slowly drifting away again. Surprisingly, he was the one who had gained more sleep than anyone else there, next to Kiara of course. But he didn't want to leave until he knew that Adelaide would be okay, so he had spent his days in the hospital room as well.

As for JJ, he sat on a chair besides Adelaide, his head resting comfortably in the bed she was in as he slept like a baby. But he would wake up every ten minutes muttering her name, those nightmares of the party replaying over and over.