30

"Call Jangmi. I'm worried about her. Ask her if she need help."

Riki couldn't wait anymore. Jangmi was leaving them for several hours after the scene at the hospital earlier. He still remembered her face that time. Her clothes were dirty and also her hair. The way she forced a smile to prove to them that she was okay, hurt him. He was forcing himself to stay calm, reminding himself that she was good but his heart gave a different answer to his thought.

Since his phone was broken after the accident, he couldn't contact her. So, he told Hwayoung to do that as the girl was still there with him.

"Why should I call her?" Hwayoung replied in a whispering tone while staring at the ground.

Riki was clueless, thinking why did Hwayoung suddenly act cold.

"What's wrong with you? Do you need to act that way? The girl is your friend. She got treated badly-"

Hwayoung wiped her tears and fixed her eyes on him,

"Why? Why do you always worry about her? It's not that you remember her."

"Why did you let her take care of you? Why can't I do that to you too? Why did you let Jangmi do everything to you? Why can't I do that? Why is Jangmi so special to you?"

"I want to take care of you too. I want to protect you too. I want to feel loved by you too. I didn't do anything wrong. I was jealous of seeing you together with her. I was jealous when you look at her with amazement. I was jealous but I was just staying silent."

"It's hurt me."

"I got the chance now. I got the chance to make you look at me but the new you still choose her instead of me."

"I don't know the reason why I am not good enough for you? I'm trying my best..."
Riki brushed his hair out of his face,

"Jang Hwayoung-"

Hwayoung tilted her chin to look at him.

"How did you know my full name-?"

Riki just sighed and rolled his eyes,
"Hwayoung, just leave okay?"

"You can visit me tomorrow or anytime you want."

"My mind is getting messy."

__________________

Jangmi was eating the meal silently, just listening to her friend's conversation.
Yunjin, Bogum, Jangmo, Jaeni, and Taewoo were gathering at her house after knowing about the scene at the hospital earlier. So, they bought food to cheer her up.

"What the hell is Hwayoung doing there?"
Jaeni got pissed off when she saw a picture of Hwayoung and Riki on social media. Jaeni showed it to her friends while cursing badly.

Jangmi heard that and was just silent as usual.

"I know it. I know this will happen."Taewoo spoke up and smirked.

"Does Hwayoung likes him?" Bogum asked them in confusion.

"She is trying to grab the chance since Riki doesn't remember Jangmi."