4

"You dare cheat on me with another woman?!" A woman's shriek pierced Freya's ears.

"Don't you have an affair with your boss too?!" The man shouted back.

This was too familiar, Freya's pupil shrunk. She eyed the two adults cautiously.

"If it weren't for that cursed child, I would've divorced you long ago!" The woman who was Scarlet's mother shouted, slamming the bedroom door.

"Stupid bitch." The man murmured and headed to the other room.

Freya couldn't help but tremble, she used her shaky hands to take a strand of her hair...silver. It was silver! She scrambled off the floor and headed to her room in a hurry. She stood in front of the mirror.

Black obsidian eyes and hair that was as silver as the moon, this was her appearance in her previous life. She should be nine years old. This was her parents' last quarrel, they would divorce in a few minutes.

She looked at her pathetic appearance, full of bruises and scars. Freya gritted her teeth, why was she back? She hated her life as Scarlet Lily. She threw a punch at the mirror out of frustration. The blood trickling down her hand contrasted with her pale white skin.

Her eyes widened when she looked into the mirror, there were tears running down her cheeks. She rarely cried in her past life, this...

She let out a dry chuckle, it seems like it was easier when she had nothing. When one has nothing, one can only gain but when one has everything, one can only lose. She wanted to see her dad.

"Scarlet! Come down stairs right now!"

Freya calmed down immediately and wore a poker face. She dragged her body down the stairs. She was in a panic when she realized where she was so she didn't notice but now, she felt like there were thorns piercing her body all over.

"Mother, father." She greeted with no emotions at all and kept her head down.

"Your mother's leaving." The man sneered.

"Aren't you leaving too?" The woman scoffed.

Scarlet kept silent. This was how she was abandoned in her last life but that time...she begged them not to go. She begged them only to be pushed away. She even passed out after hitting the table but when she woke up, the house was empty. They didn't even spare a penny.

She was nine, she craved parental love. Getting first place in school, getting praised by the teacher and being an obedient child...she's done it all but her parents treated her like she was air. Occasionally beating her up when they're frustrated with their partner.

She couldn't stop her body from trembling. Freya couldn't help the hopeless smile that crept onto her face. She was still afraid, being abandoned wasn't a good feeling. So many years had passed but she still couldn't move on from this point. This turning point of her life was simply obnoxious.

Everything started after her parents abandoned her. A surge of overwhelming dizziness surged over her. The memories that she pushed away came flowing back to her.

The little girl sat under the table and didn't move for several days, but she got hungry. She had no money and could only search in the trash can, grabbing whatever she could. She wandered the streets trying her best to find an orphanage.

It was supposed to be easy but her parents never officially disowned her. The orphanage called her parents and her father came over with a superficial smile. He drove them back to their old house and threw her there, saying she would bring shame to them if she let others know.

Little Scarlet was locked inside that deserted house with a few loaves of bread and a box filled with mineral water. The food and water lasted over a week. She had to climb through the window to get out and headed to her school.

The teachers were all shocked, her parents stopped by the other day and informed them that she was transferring to another school. Some teachers pitied her and gave her some money but what can that little money do?

It wasn't until she was eleven that her master picked her up. She entered a new hell. Training lasted a year and she started taking up missions. She got hurt and almost died several times but she never complained. At least now, she had money to buy the foods she wanted to eat.

At first, it was really hard. Killing someone who had no grudges with you, it wasn't easy. It weighed on her mind for several days to the point that she hallucinated, but it got easier after a few kills. She grew numb.

She lived her life like a marionette for the company. Her master was her only source of warmth. However, she was killed by that very light of hers.

It only took a moment for the memories to rewind itself but it felt like an eternity for Freya. She felt like she experienced everything again.

Every feeling of distress, every pain, every wound, she felt it again and again. Even the pain of the wounds she got from a mission won't spare her. She wanted to throw up, her whole body grew weak. The pain was so excruciating that she wanted to kill herself.

"Freya!" Arche's voice woke her up.

Her eyes that were coated with tears slowly opened. She opened her mouth but no voice came out. She felt uncomfortable all over yet she couldn't say anything. The distress she felt made her tears pour out like waterfalls.

"Daddy's here." Arche gently whispered. Arche shot a menacing glare at the doctor which made him gulp in fear.

"The poison from the assassination attempt has not been fully extracted. It fused with the demon blood in the princess. Thus there are some poison residues in the demon blood, but her demon and angel blood will fuse when they meet. The residue entered her angel blood and it caused the poison to react." The doctor explained making Arche frown.

The Winter Venom will only attack when met with angel blood. It's a deadly poison used to target angels. The demon blood in Freya helped her lighten the consequences but it also fused with the poison, making it a ticking time bomb that might take her life any time.

"Will there be a next time?" Arche's aura sent chills down everyone's spine but he made sure it didn't reach Freya.

"Unfortunately, yes. There is still some residue in her highness's demon blood. I can only extract the poison when it enters her angel blood." The doctor carefully stated, hoping his life will be spared.

"...daddy?" Freya's hoarse voice made Arche turn his head over. His heart jolted, his daughter looked ghostly pale. His brows knitted together as he combed through Freya's messy hair with his fingers.

"It really is daddy...I'm back." Freya let out a relieved smile while tears trickled down.

She closed her tired eyes as she fell into deep slumber, this time she wasn't back in hell...