34. Donovan.

Song of the chapter- It Has Begun by STARSET

EMMA'S POV

Screams.

My own screams of pain and anguish.

That's all I heard now a days. I don't know how long I've been here, how long since I left behind everything that I once thought was mine. The first few days here, that I thought were bad, now felt like a much better option than the torture and suffering I had to go through everyday. The day the dangerous looking man, who was their Alpha, visited me they turned my life into living hell.

Now they only lowered the chains when I needed to eat, waking me up by a bucket of burning hot water probably mixed with alcohol as the burning on my tender skin was something I've never ever experienced, the only familiar thing was the dry bread I got as my meal, as they did some additional changes in my life making it more colourful. Note the sarcasm.

Everyday I was tortured. By tortured I mean being whipped with whips covered in wolfsbane for hours, even getting randomly slapped or punched by the guards if they were in bad moods; and their favourite pass time was carving random patterns on my skin with knives and guessing what it was before it healed, but it stopped as my skin was now unable to heal me because of my lack of energy.

I was shocked myself as how I was even surviving on bread and water but then I did nothing, not even trying to escape or even fight against them. My wolf was now tired and it was barely alive so I tried to save as much energy as possible despite their daily torture and wierd herbs they gave me. Zoe and Ivan rarely visited as they must be busy with something else. Usually I tried to listen to what the guards always talked about as my cage, this is what I'm calling this cell currently, was their favourite gossip spot because they didn't have to worry about anyone else listening; atleast that's what they thought but I tried to listen as much as I can before the herbs made me pass out.

"You know this lake was named after one of the ancestors of the vampires, Alisberg Everston", I heard the guard who just punched me a few minutes ago speak.

"Yeah everyone knows that you dumb-ass", the other one said. That's when it clicked. They literally just revealed the place where they were keeping me. The Alisberg lake ofcourse, the lake that was haunted according to humans, and which was originally owned and then abandoned by the vampires as it was pretty close to the werewolves area.

Nobody came here as vampires didn't want to mess with the wolves and they wolves didn't want to mess with the vampires. Plus the abandoned manor near the lake which also once belonged to the vampire, and was now abandoned, was literally a bonus.

All I had to do was to inform my pack, but how? As if to indicate its presence my mark started burning, reminding me of the mate bond and the strong link between two mates. That's when it clicked it was my wolf helping me to tell Ethan where I was as he'd obviously come for me. I tried, to think about him, to channel my power in one place and then focus it on just delivering it to him. I knew I did this once when I was about to pass out and I even got a reply, or atleast it felt like that, so I tried again.

"The Alisberg Lake", was my last thought before I again fell into dreamless slumber.

I was woken up with the feel of cold fingers on my bare shoulder, but then I remembered I was wearing a full sleeved shirt when they took me, the thought caused me to open my eyes when I found a pair of dark eyes looking back at me. It was one of the guards, one sleeve of my shirt was torn, he was standing close to me, too close, one if his hand grabbed my face as he leaned in, the realisation that he was trying to kiss me kicked in as I pulled back.