1

I could feel my eyes starting to close as I finished writing my essay. Not the best, but I was too tired to care. I quickly glanced at the clock although I already knew that it was way past my usual bedtime. 2AM, not too bad...I closed my laptop and put it away.

 I grabbed my blanket from the closet and sniffed it. Ew. I really need to wash it someday. I headed to my bed and tucked myself in. As I was about to finally close my eyes, I heard a weird sound that immediately rubbed my sleep away. I noticed a weird light under my bed, yet, when I went to check, I didn't find anything. Strange.

 I went to check the rest of my apartment for anything out of the ordinary. As expected nothing. Maybe I was being paranoid ? 

Since I was already up, I went to get myself some cereal, poured them in a bowl, then sat down to eat them. They tasted a bit stale...I checked the back of the cereal box only to find them expired. Great.

I threw the rest of them in the trash then washed my bowl. While drying it to put it back, I felt something behind me. I grabbed a knife and turned back.

"WHO'S THERE!? "

I checked my apartment again. Even though I didn't find anything I was still hesitant to go back to sleep...

-

I was walking down the street, a bag full of food in my hand. I had to wake up earlier than normal to get some croissant, people love those and they're always sold out by the time I arrive to the bakery. I must say the expression the baker made once he saw me already waiting for him to open was pretty funny.

It was a chilly morning, and I was glad I bought a jacket with me. The streets were empty and although it's early and normal not to have people out at this time, I couldn't help but not feel at ease. The feeling of being watched never went away and I didn't get much sleep because of that.

I stopped in front of a familiar door. One that I'll never get tired of. I raised my hand and gently knocked. Once. Twice. The door creaked open some seconds later.

"Y/n?"

Arms surrounded my body in weak grip. Weaker than it should. That wasn't right. "Mrs Noceda you promised you'll take care of yourself." My brows furrowed in worry. "I know that it's hard but you need to do so in order to survive. I do not wish to lose you too.." She understood what I was talking about.

7 years. That was the last time anyone saw Luz. It has been complicated since then, espacially for her mother, and me who was basically a sister for her. But it became worse when the police announced closing the case about a month ago, that only confirmed the fact that we'll never see her again. Mrs Noceda refused to go outside ever since, saying that the world reminded her of her child. That's why I was currently bringing her food.

She gently carressed my cheek "I am trying...Trying so hard, but it's getting harder to wake up every day my child, everytime I close my eyes I see her. She tells me how much she misses me. Maybe it's time for me to join her... "

"NO! No no no you do not mean that!" I pulled away from her hand. "She's not dead! You know it- YOU SAID IT! A-and you are the only one that I have left! " I refused to let the tears fall.

"I'm sorry my dear, so sorry-" She tried hugging me again but I pushed her away.

I put the food down then sprinted away, heading to university. I have an imporatnt exam today and I cannot afford to get emotional right now.

She's going to be alright..

I slowed down after a while, trying to catch my breath. I leaned against the wall, slowly calming down. What a way to start the morning..

Just as I got back up, a familiar blue light emitted from the end of the street. Usually I'd stay away from it, but this is getting on my nerves. I put my backpack on once again, then followed the light.

I froze in place once I saw the source of it. Terror spiking my body from head to toes. A sort of giant and glowing blue hole. Inside, thick tentacles moving everywhere. One of them took a hold of my left arm, bruising it. I was quick to escape it's grasp. I tried running but another one grabbed my foot and violently pulled me. I lost my balance and feel down. I must've hit my head because everything got blurry, and I could only hear my panicked breath. It wasn't long before I closed my eyes and blacked out.

————
English is my third language so it's very likely to find mistakes in this book :)
Don't forget to vote and comment
MWAH <3