2

"What should we do with them?"
"I don't know. It's not like we could leave someone as fragile as human in this place, espacially since they're injured!"
"THAT'S the problem! They're human- AMITY IS GOING TO KILL US THEN USE OUR BODIES AS MOPS IF SHE FINDS OUT"

I woke up to the sound of two voices arguing. I was in a nice bed, covered with fluffy blanket. I sat up to look around. I was in a spacious room, the walls were painted a purplish-pink with posters covering them. It said something about...covens? There were also a lot of books, weird looking ones.

Whatever this place is, it looks like a 4th grades bedroom.

I clutched my head and buried it between my knees when I felt a horrible pain in the back of my skull.

"Argh-"

The two owner of the voices stopped talking. They must've heared me because one rushed to the side of the bed and the other started panicking.

"What's happening? What should we do? Are they in pain? I knew I shouldn't have bought them-"

"EDRIC!"

The boy, Edric, stopped talking while the other person continued checking on me. I slowly lifted my head to look at them, they looked similar. Both had green hair and gold orbs. A sigh left the girl after a while.

"She's obviously in pain. I wouldn't recommend using healing spells on her since we still don't know how it will affect her and-"

Spells? What the hell is she talking about?

The voice stopped. A door opening was heard in the distance. The, what I assume are siblings, had panicked looks on their face. They rushed out of the room and made me a sign to stay quiet.

The headache seemed to loosen a bit which was a good sign of course. I reached to touch the back of my head, only to take away my hand when I felt the stinging pain again. I noticed that my left shoulder was poorly bandaged too, whoever did this wasn't used to bandaging others.

Great. I don't know where I am, nor who those people are, and I'm injured too!?

Agressive steps were coming my way with a lot of arguing. It seemed to stop right beside the room. I could hear my heart hammering in the few second of silence that passed...The doorknob aggressively shaked before stopping. The door was... Locked?

When did this happen?

BOOM!

The door exploded into small bits while fire ate away what remained, a silhouette standing where the door was once. I closed my eyes and curled up. I despise loud noises. The person came closer and violently pulled away the sheets. Their gold eyes bored into my teary ones. I looked away when they didn't.

"Leave us alone." Her voice startled me.

"No w-"

"Do not make me repeat myself ." She interrupted Edric.

The twins hesitantly looked at each other then back at me. They slowly left the room.

An uncomfortable silence settled. The person's eyes seemed to bore into me. She was circuling me, eying me. I was scared and her intimidating aura did not help at all. Her hand roughly held my chin when I continued avoiding her gaze.

" You certainly are human..." Her eyes never stopped studying me " What an unfortunate soul. Although, I'm not really sure how you ended up here.."

She looked at me as if waiting for a response but gave up when I still had a clueless look on my face.

All I remember is rushing to get to university then... I don't know.

"You're wasting my time." I grabbed her arm when she turned to leave then quickly let go of it when I felt pain spreading in my palm. My hand was red and the pain was unbearable. I clutched my palm and fell down screaming.

She glared at me then disappeared in an explosion of flames. Soon enough the twins came back and tried to get me to calm down. I was looking at the door frame then back at my hand repetivly, not beliving what just happend. Did I just get burnt by touching her? AND DID SHE JUST EXPLODE??

I pushed away the siblings in fright and backed myself away in one of the corners of the room. I finally took time to eye them carefully: They were wearing strange clothes, ones that we usually see in old movies. They also had pointy ears and teeth. I flinched when the girl took a step forward which she took back when she saw my reaction.

"What now, Emira?"

"Let's avoid approching her for the moment." She turned to look at me. "We'll leave you to calm down. Once you feel ready, call for us and we'll explain everything."

I was alone again. This time with more questions than before. I got up and leaned on the wall, trying to get back to the bed. I stopped beside the window and looked outside. I saw... some bizarre creatures flying in the sky and monsters walking down the street. Is this a nightmare?

A silhouette covered by a cape seemed to look directly at me but I couldn't confirm that since I couldn't see their face. Shouting got my attention and I turned to look at a fight that broke out. What looked like an elf was screeming at bird-like person. They were both tugging at a pen?

Huh?

"THE INK DISTRIBUTOR IS MINE! "

"I WAS THE FIRST TO SEE IT, IT BELONGS TO ME!"

I averted my eyes back to the silhouette only to find it gone. I could swear it was here some seconds ago. I turned away from the window and went back to the bed I woke up in. Perhaps if I were to go back to sleep, I'll wake up on my desk. I guess all the lack of sleep and overworking is finally getting to me.

I tucked myself in the sheets, trying my hardest not to put too much pressure on my injured shoulder, and closed my eyes.

When I'll open them, I'll be back at my apartment getting ready to pass my exam.

------
How was this? Does anyone have writing tips or advice to improve my writing?
Don't forget to vote :)

Stay healthy!
MWAH!