Chapter 04

School had been dismissed early. Those who didn't have someone to pick them up, they had been dropped directly home by a different bus of the Seikaku Gakuen depending on the location.

Before Miho could even contact her chauffer to say that she would not need his services for today, her grandmother had sent for her and her little cousin to be picked up even before school had been dismissed.

Once the two girls had arrived home, they had been told by a maid that their grandmother was in her calligraphy room and that she had summoned them.

The graying old woman donned in a kimono didn't even look up from the piece she had been working on when they had greeted her and had only gestured for them to take a seat.

The teenage girls each took a seat on a zabuton (sitting cushion).

She commenced to speak, her bush still elegantly dancing. "I heard a girl from your school, Aine Watanabe, has experienced quite an unfortunate occurrence. And that she is from your class Noriko."

"Yes, she is, grandmother." The girl with dark navy blue hair answered.

"Hmm. Miho, Noriko, starting from today onwards you two will only leave the estate to attend school; of course your personal drivers will bring you to and fro." She stated. "We do not need the two of you to experience the same fate as that girl."

Responded Miho and Noriko. "Yes grandmother."

"Do not worry. This will only last for a few weeks until we are sure of your safety. I know that young teenage girls need to go out and have fun with friends. But for now, it's only home and school."

"Yes, grandmother."

"You may leave now."

The two stood up to depart.

Then the gray eyed woman spoke once more before they were out of the door. "Miho, I do hope you understood my words."

Glancing at her older cousin, Noriko tried to hold back a smile.

"I do, grandmother."

.

.

.

.

"Hope you listen to grandmother's words, cousin. You don't want to end up like the second Aine Watanabe, after all." Noriko said as they walked down a wooden veranda.

"Sorry, but I don't need your concern, Nori-chan." Miho sent her a fake but breathtaking smile.

"Hmph! Who said I am concerned about you?!" Seeing this the purple eyed teen became flustered, turning her head to the side. "And who gave you permission to call me Nori-chan?!" She stumped away.

●●●

After completing some assignments ahead of schedule, reviewing some notes and doing the daily afternoon drills, Miho had been free to do whatever she had pleased as long as it was within the estate.

While using the computer in her room, she was on the phone with Makana.

"Wow, so your grandma basically put you two on lockdown with the exception of going to school until further notice."

Her fingers moving across the keyboard, she replied. "Mhmm. Could've been worse."

"What's worse than that?" The brunette quirked up an eyebrow from inside her home.