3 3

YEAR FIVE, CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

PUBLIC AFFECTION
__________________________________

The next morning Francesca and her friends were seated in the Great Hall eating breakfast before class. Francesca sat next to Draco. She smiled up at him, he leaned forward, pressing a gentle kiss against her lips.

Francesca's cheeks grew red and she looked away from him with wide eyes and a grin on her face. Her friends were silently freaking out, all of them making excited faces in Francesca direction.

"What was that all about, Malfoy?" Theodore Nott's voice rang through Francesca's ears. Francesca snapped her head in his direction. "Are you doing this to get under my skin?" Theodore asked, looking at Francesca.

"No," she replied, glaring at the boy.

"Shove off Nott," Draco sneered. "She's not your girlfriend anymore, is she?" Draco said with a smirk.

Theodore scoffed, shaking his head and looking away from the blond boy.

After breakfast Francesca and her friends went to class. Francesca had potions first up. Draco kicked Blaise out of his usual seat so Francesca could sit with him.

Her feelings for Draco grew and grew as the minutes went by. Compared to Theodore he was a dream.

They paired up in potions, Draco helped Francesca make the best potion she had ever made, earning them ten points to Slytherin. Draco sat with Francesca in every class they shared until classes were over.

Francesca returned to her dorm with a grin on her face.

"I've never seen Draco treat someone so... good," Tracey said.

"Odd isn't it?" Millicent said, falling back onto her bed. "At least I won't have to deal with Theodore when we go on double dates, Fran," Millicent smiled.

"We're not dating," Francesca sighed.

"Yet!" Pansy said in a sing-song voice. "But please Fran, don't let history repeat itself. If Draco starts being a dick like Theodore was, leave him," Pansy said, holding Francesca's shoulders.

"I will, I promise," Francesca smiled before walking away from Pansy and sitting down on her bed. "How is things between you and Crabbe, Milli?" Francesca asked, smiling at her friend.

"Never been better!" The brunette girl exclaimed with a big smile. "He makes me feel special... I was insecure about my weight but he's really helping me love myself," Millicent said.

"I wish I had a boyfriend," Pansy sighed.

"The thought of boys makes me repulsed," Tracey said, screwing up her face. She glanced over at Daphne, who was brushing through her blonde hair. "I'm not sure if i'll ever find a boy to love," she said. Daphne returned her glance, giving her a soft smile before looking back into the mirror.

Time went by and dinner was about to begin, so the girls left their dorm and headed down to the Great Hall. Francesca sat by Draco, just like she had been doing all day.

Francesca really hoped that Draco wanted things to escalate as much as she wanted them too.