Chapter 3 Are those The Infinity Stones?!

My first thought was, there is no way this guy is Rajinikanth.

But then again, he did not look anything like the stylish Tamil actor- He looked dignified but his skin crinkled with cruelty, the words he spoke did not match his face at all, he had streaks of white hair even in his gnarly mustache, and his golden robes and jewels glittered in the darkness of the cavern. When I looked at him, it was as if I saw him for the first time.

Kabali's hands were swift, he took a glowing red ball out of nowhere. It glowed so strongly that I knew it was dangerous. And within a blink of my eyes, he threw it hard on the ground.

Madhav boomed, "MOVE!"

I did not know what was happening, but then Meenakshi lunged at me, pushing me, into the deep chasm.

I heard nothing but saw big orange and yellow flares blasting the cavern.

An explosion.

I wanted to shriek at the top of my lungs. I wanted to make my eyes bulge, and make tears come out of it. But nothing happened, the wind kept hitting, making me fall endlessly into the deep, dark chasm.

I closed my eyes tight and braced myself to die.

____________________________________________

Something forced me to open my eyes again. A sort of divine light surrounded me, making every pulse in my body vibrate with warmth.

Am I in heaven?

I opened my eyes wider to view the surroundings better, adjusting them to the light.

I was floating. No, I was still falling, really slow. It seemed as if I could've been falling through thick honey.

I sluggishly turned my body to see the other side. I wanted to gasp, but the warm, cozy light closed my mouth and made me want to cover myself with a fluffy blanket and sleep.

Meenakshi had fallen with me, I didn't know why, but I wanted to chuckle at the unnatural sight of her- The first female minister of Mahendrapura, the woman who had the power to outwit the greatest philosophers, the one who could probably carry two elephants- was sleeping and sucking her thumb.

I decided not to wake her up.

I slowly moved my hand as it defied the laws of gravity, and held down the flap of my chudithar as it sluggardly floated upwards. And just when I was starting to have an existential crisis before I almost fell asleep, the wind threw me so hard, I fell into the deadly darkness again. I screamed along with the minister till I ran out of air, and THUD! I fell on my back- on a blank slate of blackness.

___________________________________

The good news was, I did not die. Instead, I woke up to find the tip of a sword in my throat, and the bump in my head aching badly.

"So I have decided to trust you," said Meenakshi. I could barely make out her face in the darkness of this weird place. The glint of our weapons was the only source of light here.

I tried to do my best Flynn Rider expression and said," A horrible decision, really." Instead, it came out in a British accent.

She dug her scimitar deeper into my throat.

"I was just kidding, just kidding! Please don't kill me," I squeaked.

"Humph," she grunted, a faint light crossed over her dark face, and a strand of pink hair from her boyish haircut became visible.