34| playing the game

The plan was simple

The plan was simple. Fake break up and act as though Kane was in love with Jessica, then take the real contract with the help of her.

As Jessica wasn't the brightest, it would be easy
to deal with her, but Austin wasn't the same case.

Though no one likes him, everyone had to admit he has different tricks up his sleeves which are hard to predict.

So trying to convince him wasn't going to be an easy task. Giving it some good thought, an idea was formed.

They decided to let Leah look like she was cheating on Kane so he would be 'heartbroken' and it would be known to them.

In his 'vulnerable' state, Jessica might come forward and try to 'trick' him into marrying him.

Based on their investigations, they were trying to get Kane to sign away his rights to Austin so he could take over and do his money laundering business.

Hopefully, everyone would be fooled. With everything planned, with backup plans from A to Z, they could begin operation Get rid of Austin.

•••

"What the fuck is this?" Kane screamed at Leah, acting out their plans.

Only them and the police knew of their plans. The police were informed since they were trying to catch Austin, whose name wasn't even Austin in the first place.

(AN: for your reference, i'll still use the name Austin)

He was previously known as Jerald Keys, a gang leader who was infamous for their usage of drugs. 

Jessica's name was the same but there was just a change of the last name.

"What do you mean?" Leah asked, knowing Austin's men were watching their every move.

After a few weeks of observing, it was perfect timing to bring the evidence. It got even better when they were the ones who sent it  them anonymously.

"This. Why the fuck were you hugging him? And why do you guys looked like y'all kissed?" Kane questioned angrily.

Leah was stunned by the sudden evidence. As she about to explain, "I don't want to hear it. Just get the fuck out!" Kane yelled and slammed the door where their bedroom was.

Kane pretended to cry while Leah also pretended to wipe her tears and sadly left the house.

From a distance, there stood someone watching the house who pulled out her phone. "Austin? Ms Knight has left. You can get Ms Warts to come in"

"Good woke Ashley. You may return back home now" Austin replied, smirking at how everything was falling into place.

Or was the case?

•••

Leah had returned back to her parent's place where she didn't explain anything to them. In order for the plan, the lesser the people knew, the easier the plan would be executed.