Chapter 16: Friends?

Alex Sierra's POV:

I felt bad. Sure, I don't particularly like Percy. Sure, my life has been weird ever since he showed up. But I feel bad. I mean, yeah, they were weird and secretive and just a little crazy, but they never really did anything wrong. When Liam wanted to start over, I was surprised to find that I did too. 

But I didn't say that. 

So, they set off to the scariest quest to ever be: Getting Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson to forgive us for some shit. 

Step one: Actually, we don't really have any steps. 

"So, uh, what's the plan guys? Even though I don't want to forgive them." I asked Lily, Liam, and Isabel with a snarl. 

"I got nothing. They're really scary and I don't want to see them mad." Liam said. I nodded. That was something none of us wanted. Scary Annabeth could kill you, and I'm pretty sure Scary Percy could too. 

"I feel like we have to just do it head on. Annabeth is really good at figuring out what we're up to so we have to act fast." Isabel said, clearly deep in thought. 

"So... You're saying we go in with no plan and chance getting murdered by them?" Liam let out a small, bitter laugh. "Not going to happen, Isabel." 

"Wait!" Lily half yelled. "She's right. If we don't go now they'll never forgive us." We looked at her like she had seven heads. Approach the beasts while they're still fuming mad? Yeah, no thanks. I tried to say exactly that, but I was stopped by Liam agreeing with them. I shot him a look of disdain. Really dude? I wanted to scream but I didn't. 

"Fine. When the lunch bell rings." Sounds of agreement emerged from them.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It's twenty minutes to the lunch bell. I should be paying attention, but I'm not, of course. Instead, I'm thinking about all the times I was mean to Percy and Annabeth. Do I really want to forgive them without an explanation? There are still a lot of weird things about them. This was the first one that came to mind. 

As soon as this 'Percy' guy came in, Annabeth had completely ignored me, even though I was one of her best friends. Of course, this guy had 5 classes with Annabeth, which confused me because Annabeth was a genius. I thought I was special because I was almost as smart as Annabeth, but this guy just had to be a show-off. I also wondered how they already knew each other so well. It made me angry that she had a closer friend that she never told me, I mean our friend group, about.

Oh my god, when is he going to shut up about how talented and amazing he is??!! I can't even! He is so full of himself, and probably also a player. I have to make sure he stays away from my friends, I don't want anyone getting hurt because of him. 

Oh well, I headed out of the class, Liam behind me, asking about Percy and Annabeth's super abilities of course. Why was it such a big deal? Whatever. I had to go to the second period anyway. On my way out I saw the dynamic duo talking like old friends again, which made me run out as fast as possible. Second period I had History, which was only a few doors down from the Greek room. I was excited until I saw Mr. 'Perfect' Jackson headed there too.

That was pretty rude of me. I mean, all Percy was trying to do was get through his first day at a new school. Why had I been so judgemental? Yes, I was jealous of him, but again, he literally just got there. Another memory from after that surfaced. 

Perfect. The plan worked. Percy will be here with everyone else tomorrow and I am going to figure some stuff out. The next plan is simple: Truth or Dare. Isn't that genius? Truth: Do you have a crush/girlfriend? Obviously not, but if he does I'll ask what she looks like or who she is. Dare: I'll dare him to google himself. Some pretty interesting things came up when I did it. Don't worry, I'm not a stalker, I just wanted to see if he was a bad influence on my friends and I, and boy he is dangerous.