1 | Transmigration

"Someone, please call the ambulance!"

The sound of people panicking was clearly raw to her ear.

As water droplets touched her bare skin, she felt excruciating pain all over her body.

She never thought there'd be a car speeding up even though she was crossing the road according to its rules.

(... I'm dying?)

(It hurts, but it's actually nice ...)

Her consciousness was wearing thin as she thought back on her life, and she was gradually sinking into darkness.

***

Slowly opening her eyes, she was greeted by a luxurious ceiling, which she realized was neither her apartment's nor the hospital's ceiling.

(... Where?)

(... Didn't I die in a car accident?)

Her mind was clouded by a sudden headache, but it vanished as soon as she cleared her vision.

(Surprisingly, I'm not hurt anywhere?)

Getting up from her bed, she held her forehead and a confused look crept onto her face.

"... What exactly is going on-"

"Good morning, Your Grace."

The sudden female voice that came right next to her startled her.

She then turned her head to find a lady that was accurately dressed as a maid.

(... Cosplay?! God, it looked so real.)

She raised her brow in bewilderment tinged with amusement and looked around the room.

It was spacious and luxurious, with glamorous furnishings.

(... Where the hell am I?!)

The maid placed a silver tray on her bed with scrumptious food on it.

"This is your breakfast for today."

The maid smiled, putting a napkin on her lap, but she looked at the maid with a raised eyebrow in confusion mixed with curiosity.

"Please take your time."

The maid politely bowed and then waltzed out of the room before she could say anything.

She was baffled, astounded, and impressed.

(Is this a prank? The world is crazy enough to prank someone even after they get into a car accident.)

She took a bite of the food, deciding that she should first fill her stomach.

(.... Wow!)

She must admit that it was utterly delicious, to the point where every food on the tray ended up in her stomach.

(It's delicious and authentic. This is not a dream...!)

(Is it a prank then?)

She thought as she wiped her mouth with a white handkerchief that was placed next to the plate.

"Hmm... let's see."

She pushed herself out of bed, her feet touching the cold floor, and made her way to the nearest mirror she could find.

Yet her jaw dropped as she stood in front of the mirror.

The girl reflected in the mirror is a beautiful girl with hair as dark as night and dazzling ruby eyes.

"What the..."

As her eyes widened in comprehension, she took a step back from the mirror, caressing her own face.