6 | Evius

"Tell me more about 3695."

Eleanore demands the owner, her gaze remaining fixed on the front, and the owner shifts her gaze to Eleanore for a brief second before smiling.

"You don't have to be concerned. 3695 is a slave who has been trained. Since he was a child, we've been educating him."

"How old is he?"

"He is 20 years old. He's still clean, pure, and well-trained. Your Grace doesn't need to be concerned about anything."

(... 20 years old? He's a year older than me.)

"You won't regret buying him."

Eleanore took a deep breath and sighed in order to make herself comfortable with the current situation.

(I'm curious as to why he's one of the important figures in this rebellion.)

"That's him, Your Grace."

The owner pointed to a particular cell that stood out from the rest.

His features became clear as Eleanore approached his cell, and her eyes widened.

He has jet black hair and stunning golden eyes. His features were a little pale, but she could see that he was extraordinarily attractive, and she was taken aback.

"3695, meet your new Master. Her Grace, Duchess of Rivael Dukedom, Eleanore Rivael."

The owner announced it proudly, enough to make him turn his head toward her as her ruby eyes met his golden ones.

Unlike the other slaves she saw, his eyes held so much light, tinged with something she couldn't put into words.

"... Oh, my new Master."

As 3695 glanced at her, his lips curved into a gentle smile, and he rose from the cold floor, resting his hand on his chest and dropping his head like a polite gentleman.

"Greetings, Master. It's a pleasure to meet you."

(He-)

"Your Grace, what are your thoughts? We went to great lengths to instill fundamental etiquette in him. He's an elite among the elites. We took care of him like a precious diamond."

His pleasant smile shone brightly, even in the dim light.

(He's extremely well-versed.)

(This is unexpected.)

He stared into her ruby eyes searchingly.

(... What was that for?)

"Do you want him then, Your Grace?"

(I'm sure there will be leads somehow. I have to make this rebellion works.)

3695's eyes narrowed slightly, and Eleanore froze in place, unable to comprehend what the slave was thinking.

"Yes, I'll buy him."

The owner clapped her hands joyfully and smiled broadly at Eleanore.

(... 3695, I know there was something special about him because Eleanore chose him. He is surrounded by an odd but powerful impression.)

"Then, shall we get down to business?!"

Eleanore nodded as the owner led her outside to sign all of the necessary documents, and she directed the owner to bring the payment check to the estate while she gave the owner her brooch in exchange.

Eleanore waited for a while for them to allow him out of the cell so she could take him home.

It was their second face-to-face meeting without anyone to interrupt, and he had a faint, suspicious, yet gentle smile that touched his lips.