9 | Empress

The maid that was following Eleanore continued to beg her for forgiveness.

Eleanore, of course, disregarded her plea. Her eyes are filled with nothing but fury. As if there weren't any other meaningful emotions.

"Your Grace, I deeply apologize! I won't do this again, I promise!"

However, Eleanore turned a blind eye to it.

It wasn't long until she ran across Helen, who was taken aback by the commotion the maid had created while chasing Eleanore.

The maid's eyes welled up with tears, and she kneeled on the floor as soon as Eleanore came to a halt.

Eleanore only turned her head toward the maid at that precise moment.

"Didn't I already set the rules? Anyone who looked down on Alvaro- on the slaves I bought, will be fired immediately."

The maid continued to beg for forgiveness as she cried, and reaches out her hands to hold Eleanore's feet.

"I-I deeply apologize, Your Grace! I was wrong, please, I won't do it again!"

"Helen."

Eleanore's voice was harsh as she called out to the head maid.

"Yes, Your Grace?"

"I'm sure you've already warned them, haven't you?"

Helen nodded her head obediently.

"Yes, Your Grace. Anyone who looked down on the slaves you bought will be fired immediately."

"Then, am I wrong if I fired this maid?"

The maid's eyes widened as she tightened her grip on Eleanore's foot.

"Please, Your Grace, don't fire me!"

In response to Eleanore's statement, Helen casually shook her head.

"Certainly not, Your Grace. We are given an order, and it is our responsibility to carry it out."

Eleanore's cold gaze landed on the maid's kneeling figure.

"Then I'll leave it to you, Helen. Make sure to use this as an example for other maids as well."

Eleanore had no idea that Evius was quietly enjoying the show she had put on.

As he turned around and walked away from the scene, a satisfied smirk appeared on his lips.

***

Eleanore stood in front of Alvaro's room, nervously biting her bottom lip. She tried to calm herself down before knocking.

"Alvaro, are you there?"

She knocked twice on the door, and the door was immediately opened by Alvaro.

She noticed how red his cheeks were, and dropped her head low in guilt.

"Can I enter?"

Alvaro nodded his head, forming a faint, welcoming smile, then Eleanore entered his room.

Both of them sat silently on the seat next to one other.

"I think you should've... treat your cheek first."

Eleanore trembled as she turned her head to him, a regretful, awkward smile on her face.

"I should call a maid to-"

"Master, it's alright."

He cut her off before she could finish her lines. Unlike the first time they met, his eyes are bright.

Eleanore was disappointed in herself for allowing such things to happen to him, thus silence fell between them.

For a moment, she forgot how cruel the world can be to men.

"Master."

The silence was broken by Alvaro, who decided to speak first.

"Actually... it hurts a lot."

Her gloomy eyes enlarged, but Alvaro was flashing a warm smile.

"Does Master know why it hurts a lot?"

Eleanore clenched her hands into fists.

"Because she slapped you without hesitation."

"Yes, but when I get hit, it usually doesn't hurt that much."

"... What?"

Eleanore looked at him with a curious, guilty gaze.

Alvaro grasped her hands in his and maintained his unwavering smile.

"That's because I've been treated with such care since Master bought me. I'm used to getting hit, which is why I forgot about the suffering I've had my entire life because of the kindness Master showed me in such a short period of time."

"Alvaro..."

"It felt as though I was jolted awake from a pleasant dream when I was slapped. It's horribly painful."

Alvaro stated, but he understands that his cheek isn't the only one that hurts. Yet somewhere around his heart also.

That slap worked as a reminder that he was nothing more than a slave.

"However, now that you've shown such concern for me, I understand that this is my reality."

Eleanore was moved by his thoughtful words directed at her. To reassure how anxious she was feeling and how powerless she felt.

"It's honestly reassuring."

She gently squeezed his hand, eventually forming a warm smile.

She understands how difficult it was for him to find the courage to tell her all of this.

But she's glad.

"Thank you, Alvaro."

Alvaro is the sort of person who would immediately trust another person if they treated him with the same kindness Eleanore did.

He is, after all, a person who is easy to please.

"Now that I think about it, why are you interested in medical books?"

Eleanore questioned, her eyes filled with curiosity. She is always trying to find the right time to ask him.

"Oh, that..."

Alvaro's eyes narrowed slightly, and he began to fidget anxiously with his fingers.

"Actually... It's because of a dream."

Eleanore gazed at him with a perplexed expression.

"A dream?"

Alvaro nodded.

He told her how he had constant weird dreams, yet the only thing he remembered was the medical books that were shown in his dream.

To be more specific, he had a dream about someone wearing a white coat reading a medical book, but the rest of the scene was fuzzy.

"Because of that dream, I took an interest in medical books."

***

After preparing herself, Eleanore finally arrived at the palace, since she accepted the invitation from the Empress.

She was amazed by the gorgeous palace with its lavish furniture, but she was also a little accustomed to it due to her own estate.

(I remembered a little about Violet, and I have a rough idea of how Eleanore treated her.)

Eleanore was greeted by the head maid of the palace, along with a few other maids.

Everyone greeted her pleasantly and enquired about numerous topics. She was also asked if she wanted to eat desserts.

Eleanore, on the other hand, turned them down because her only goal was to meet Violet and return home.

She was merely there to carry out the Empress's order.

"You can just lead me to Her Majesty."

Eleanore's statements were met with a nod from the head maid, who motioned for Eleanore to follow her.

(... Violet. Someone who viewed males with more contempt than other females.)

She thought, readying herself to meet the Empress.

"We've arrived, Your Grace. Except for you, no one is allowed to enter Her Majesty's room."

(I bet the slaves are allowed, though.)

The head maid bowed in respect, and Eleanore nodded in understatement.

"I understand. Thank you for guiding me."

The head maid and the rest of the other maids soon left Eleanore in front of the Empress' door.

(Eleanore never directly visits Violet's room.)

(So this will be my first time, as well.)

She gulped and pushed the door open, attempting to calm herself down.

Her eyes widened in surprise as she walked into Violet's room.

"Oh? Eleanore, come join me~"

Violet, who resembled Eleanore in appearance and had sparkling ruby eyes and longer jet black hair, waved at her lazily.

She was undressed while sitting on her bed with other slaves who were also naked on her bed.

Violet appeared to be having a great time as she sprung from her bed and dashed toward Eleanore, unconcerned about whether or not she was naked.

Eleanore froze in place, stunned by what was unfolding in front of her.

"Let's go~"

Eleanore was jolted back to reality when Violet abruptly grabbed her hand and dragged her to the bed.

"Wait-"

"Someone as stoic as you should have some fun too!"

"Waah!"

Eleanore was thrown to her bed by Violet before she could even retaliate.

Violet grinned sheepishly, her gaze falling on the slaves on the bed, who stared at Eleanore, bewildered.

"What the hell are you guys doing?! Please her! Do your job immediately!"

Veins appeared on Violet's forehead the moment the slaves didn't do anything and just sat there like an idiot.

"Your Majesty-"

Eleanore, who was just about to get out of bed, was shoved down by one of the slaves.

"Hey, wait-"

Before she could even finish her sentences, her lips were locked by the slaves who pushed her down.

She attempted to break free, but the other slaves began to toy with her hands and legs, sending shivers down her spine.

"Don't worry about your work, Eleanore~ I've always wanted to do this, and to give you a little freedom!"

(What's with their strength?!)

As he parted his lips with her, Eleanore gasped for air. His kiss was rough and forceful, that made her short of breath.

She hated that. She hated it so much.

(... Fuck.)

(Fucking piece of shit, this is no different than a gangrape!)

She was enraged as she glanced at the slave who had just kissed her and exclaimed,

"Stop immediately! I order you! How dare you ignore my words!"

They all came to a halt at her powerful command, which was delivered in a strong, authoritative voice.

Of course, Violet, who was still standing, gazed at Eleanore, the joy in her eyes swiftly dissipating.

"... Boring."

> End of Chapter 9

***

Violet von Amaryllis
Age : 20
Hair : Black
Eyes : Ruby
Description :
Empress of Amaryllis Empire. She can easily turn from a cheerful and easygoing person to a ruthless and brutal monster. She enjoys inflicting pain on others, especially men.