fourteen

PATRICK
what's your address to your dorm room?

LIGHT
uhm, why?

PATRICK
well, Christmas is coming up and I wanted to give you something

LIGHT
Patrick, you didn't have to do that.

PATRICK
I wanted to baby

LIGHT
baby?

PATRICK
is that not okay?

LIGHT
no, it's okay.

PATRICK
So, what's this address of yours?

LIGHT
*random address*

PATRICK
it should be there in the next day or two

LIGHT
thank you pickle rick :)
I'll message you when I get it
I have to study for finals :)

PATRICK
good luck

I in fact did not study. For the next day in a half I spent it pacing in my room. I was worried about what Patrick could've gotten me.

Hopefully it's nothing to kill me. "Light, why are you on the runway?" Paige asked from her bed.

Her and Maci are studying together. "The package Patrick sent me should be coming soon." Maci and Paige looked in between each other.

"Is this the guy you're always texting?" Maci asked making sure. I don't answer her, I just nod my head.

"He better not be sending a bomb to kill us." Paige half joked.

I gave her a look. "He's not like that." I defend Patrick. It was her turn to give me a look.

"You haven't even seen his face." She did have a point. But I can trust him, I know it.

"Yeah but I've heard his voice. He doesn't sound like an old man." She didn't have time to say anything.

There was a knock on the door. I rush to the door and open it.

The package was on the floor. When I brought it inside, I ripped it open.

There was a bunch of things in there. I read the letter first.

'Dear, Light. I know we haven't met yet, but it feels like I've known you for years. I know we tease each other, but I'm happy that we can trust each other.'

'Thank you for being here for me bean, hopefully we meet soon. Love, Patrick.'

I was smiling widely when I read it to myself. I looked down to see a couple more things.

One was a new black beanie. I can't believe he remembered that I like beanies.

But the main thing he got me, I loved it. He got me a pillowcase that said 'hug this pillow until you can hug me' on it.

I melted it when I saw it. I made sure to put it on my pillow. I took a few selfies in my new beanie and sent it to Patrick.

LIGHT

Thank you so much for the beanie and pillow case :)

PATRICK
Glad you like it, beautiful. It looks good :)

"You're falling for him aren't you?" Paige spoke softly to me.

I look at her softly as I sigh. She was right, I am falling for him.

"How can I fall for someone I've never met?"