nineteen

I woke up the next morning with a voicemail from Owen. I put it on speaker so I can hear it.

I heard a few sniffles when it started. I guess he got drunk last night at the party.

"I never meant you any harm. I was just dead wrong. I tore you right apart." He slurred.

All the memories came flooding back and it made me tear up.

"Call me in the morning, I'm sorry that I let you down. I need you now." He drunkly cried.

It's like what they say, drunk words are sober thoughts.

"Can we start over? Please don't fade away." He spoke softly. This must've been after I left.

"Please, call me. You'll always have a place in me." And I guess that was the end of it.

I debate on calling him back. But he did fly all the way out here.

So I called his number and see if he would answer. He answered on the third ring.

It was quiet for a moment. "Hey." I said softly. My voice was still a little raspy.

"I'm happy you called me." He spoke. I could hear the sadness in his voice.

It honestly made me sad. "I figured if you wanted, we could meet up at a park or something so I can explain everything." He suggested.

It didn't sound like a terrible idea. "We can go to La Push. It's about an hour and a half drive. It's also from twilight so you can sight see."

He agreed to go so I got up to get ready. I dressed accordingly and quietly left Paige alone.

She was gonna be asleep for awhile since she drank more than I did.

I drove down to La Push knowing it's one of my favorite spots. It was empty when I pulled up.

I got out of my car and walked towards the little beach. I sat down and looked out to the ocean.

About ten minutes later, I heard footsteps behind me. I didn't bother looking knowing I knew who it was.

He sat next to me quietly as I kept my eyes on the distance. "I didn't think you would call me back." Owen spoke up.

I finally look over at him. He's also looking into the distance. He has a winter jacket on with a beanie.

There's a hint of pink on his cheeks and the end of his nose.

I won't deny that he looks good. But my anger for him right now is overriding it.

"Why didn't you tell me about yourself?" I get straight to the point.

It's cold, I'm hungover, and I'm tired. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"I guess I was nervous. I could tell how much you were a fan so I thought that if I told you who I really was, you would treat me differently."

I could tell he was being genuine. I could hear it in his voice.

He finally looked over at me. His green eyes were popping right now.

"I wouldn't have reacted that way, Owen." I speak to him softly.

He looked at me with a soft expression on his face. "I realized that after awhile. I think that's what made it harder." He told me honestly.

I sigh as I look at the ocean again. It makes sense, but I'm still not happy with him.

"You're still mad at me, aren't you?" He asked speaking up.

I look at him to see him staring at me. "I'm still upset. Not so mad anymore." I tell him honestly.

He looked at me like he understood. "I'm sorry, Light. For lying about who I was." I give him a soft expression.

"You just better not lie to me again or I'll leak your number on Twitter." I tease with him to lighten the mood.

He lightly chuckles and flashes me a quick grin. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it in person.

"I was hoping I would see your sassiness in person." He smiled.

I give him a side glance before looking away. "Don't push it, Joyner."

Maybe this will be good.