chapter 2: the beginning

2 days after the findings the governments of the American union and the Russian commonwealth made a discreet talk and decided that they will send troops to the gate to investigate and hopefully learn why the gate appeared. (Although both nations know the other only wants the potential resources they can gain from the lands beyond the gate).

When the order was given to go through the gate the General of the army Aleksandr solzhenitsyn objected telling them that it was idiotic.

When asked why, he told them it was idiotic because sending an army through a place where they no nothing of is a stupid idea, even if the enemy is technologicaly inferior. After a long discussion they then decided that they will send a company to gain knowledge of the terrain while eliminating any hostiles.

At the Gate

As we were gearing up to go through the gate I heard a familiar voice when I look over to the direction of the voice I saw my old friend from high school talking to one of the members of the company . I walk over to him and tap him in his shoulder, he turned around.

"Samy is that you?"

Sam:"yep its me bud"

"I didn't know you where in the army"

Sam: "I thought so too, well anyways how have you been? I haven't seen you since high school. Why did you leave?"

"It's been hard, and the reason why I left was that my parents divorced my father took me and sent me to another school away from my mom"

Sam:"sheesh sounds though man sorry for bringing it up"

"No worries it's a long time since then"

<now who's this fella>

"What?"

Sam:"ah that's Anatoly, Anatoly this is james"

Anatoly:"nice to meet you james"

James:"nice too meet you too"

As they finished talking the radio on our suit spoke.

"Where going to enter the gate in 0900 hours, check your gear incase of any failures"

After that we all checked our gears one more time and when I was finished I checked my digital device attached below my wrist and saw that we have 15 minutes to left.

13 minutes later

It was almost time so I put on my helmet and went outside, and I saw the rest of the company there waiting at the gate, I went there and waited as well

After 2 minutes of waiting we all entered the gate, when we got in was dark like really dark no amount of light could brighten up the place, hell not even thermals would work, nevertheless we kept moving.

"Jesus christ how long do have to keep walking?" Says a soldier breaking the silence.

"I don't know, but keep going"

As we kept walking we saw we saw a little light in the distance.

James:"that seems to be the end"

Sam:"seems so"

As we reach the end we step out the gate and saw that it was night, I look up and see the most beautiful sky I have ever seen, the white dots sparkling in the night sky, and not only that I saw 2 moons, as I was admiring its beauty , I heard the captain speak over the radio.

"Alright boys, secure the hill watch for any suspicious activity, as we don't know what's out there. Engineers I want you to get the drones on the sky and report anything weird you see.