chapter 3

A week after the gate was taken, the military has already built a star fortress with a large dome protecting the gate. The military was able to finish the fortress quickly thanks to the advancement  of mech and exo skeleton technology which carried most of the burden of doing such task.

With the fortress complete, they sent multiple recon drones to search for any settlements they can find.

As the drones kept searching one of them sensed a large amount of movement 5 km away from the base, as it went to investigate it found a large army with a total army size of 40 thousand, with most of them are not even human, while there are others who are just humans with animal parts.

When the man controlling the drone reported what he saw, the General  immediately ordered his men to prepare for an attack while those outside should immediately go back inside the fortress. The men outside began running back to the fortress after they received the order to prepare for an attack.

The General also told the artillery tanks, LAV's, IFV'S and tanks to position and ready themselves.

As the men prepared themselves they waited, they kept waiting for about 1 hour until they heard marching in the distance, what they then saw was an entire army of knights and beast marching towards them.

The men confirmed it was an enemy, when one of their mages fired a large fireball at the fortress doing nothing but make the walls black.

After that the men opened fire on the enemy shredding them to pieces. The enemy tried forming a shield wall but the bullets simply pierced their shields and armor easily like it was not even there, nevertheless they still kept the shield wall hoping on the slim chance it will block it.

With the enemy in a close formation the tanks fired their cannons in the middle of the formation causing massive amount of damage in the enemy lines. The autonomous-robots also began firing at the enemy, with the American robots firing 50 cal machine guns with a grenade launcher below the barrel, shredding and tearing their limbs off easily without effort.

 The autonomous-robots also began firing at the enemy, with the American robots firing 50 cal machine guns with a grenade launcher below the barrel, shredding and tearing their limbs off easily without effort

(Imagine a grenade launcher in the bottom)

With the attacking armg losing men fast the enemy General ordered his mages to make a magic shield to protect them from the enemy rifles.

With the order given the mages then began chanting to cast the shield, as they were chanting one of the mages head exploded to a bloody mess after being hit by a stray bullet, even when one of them died they still kept on chanting and when they finished chanting, making a blue transparent wall dividing the two armies, one of the tanks fired on the shield destroying it immediately.

With the shield destroyed the mages began chanting again to summon another shield, but before they were finished they were being taken out by snipers killing them from a distance, they kept shooting until all of the mages were dead, they were also picking off their generals and commanders, who were also dead.