Chapter 70

TAEHYUNG'S POV

She leads me to a small clearing. I see the starlight, those beautiful pinpricks of light in the infinite dark expanse of the universe. "Wow..." I stutter. "Beautiful, isn't it?" she asks, slipping behind me. She hugs me around the waist, and my heart went crazy from the unexpected contact. "It's... stunning" I grasp desperately for the correct word.

"Turn around, I have one more surprise" she commands. I turn around, and all I see is her, her vibrant, fiery hair glowing with the silver cascade of the moonlight, the glow of the stars in her eyes, her delicate smile and the deep blushing on her face. "You were right, it's beautiful" I say, and her cheeks redden further.

"There's more" she says, and leans in quickly. Her lips touch mine gently and affectionately. My mind immediately crowds with a million thoughts, but I push them away for the moment, desiring nothing more than to enjoy this moment.

Almost immediately, she recoils shyly and blushes uncontrollably. I stand in shock, the swarm of thoughts flowing into my mind. She begins to retreat, fearing that she may have taken things too far, too quickly. I move quickly to her, brushing away her hair. I lean in and gently guide her head toward mine.

Our kiss lasts mere moments, but it feels great. Thousands of thoughts are forced away to make room for one single idea. Hold on to this moment forever. I release and rest my forehead against hers. "I love you." I say, barely more than a whisper. She blushes more. "I love you too" she whispers.

Our lips connect once more. Each moment, the feeling of her soft, perfect lips becomes more and more provocative. It is in this moment that I truly realize that I am hers and she is mine. I was meant for this, I was meant for her. This is the first time that I have ever felt that I truly belong. I swear to god, we actually transversed the infinite planes to one in which time does not exist, because I am sure that if we were in the world, my passion for her would be enough to stop time, to hold this moment, to hold her, for ever. I wish to stretch this moment out into a thousand, just to feel her body against mine.

She is Kaylie, she is my Kaylie, and I belong entirely to her. The world is gone, and we float through an infinite expanse of nothing, just the two of us, Kaylie and Taehyung. We love each other and that's all that we need. We can stay here through all time and eternity. Sadly, the world of the living was not done with us yet. We release our lip lock. "That was... that felt amazing..." I stumble for words again. "I love you, Tae" she says.

END OF TAEHYUNG'S POV

AUTHOR'S POV

They causally sat down on the grass giggling unreasonably as if intoxicated by each other and not even knowing they were just lying down staring at the milky way.

"You really like looking at the stars,
huh?," his tired, raspy voice filled the
once silent air.

"I admire them for they are constant,
eternal," she said, not once looking away from the night sky, "Even when the city is burning to its knees, and the ground crumbles right before our eyes, they will continue to light up the heavens. It used to seem like i couldnt rely on anything," she took a deep breath, "but they will watch over me forever."

She finally turned to look at him, her hair blew in the breeze softly and her chapped lips curled up into a gentle smile.

"Why are you looking at me like that?,"
she asked, puzzled by the absent minded look on his face.

He was completely dazed, struggling to
comprehend the beauty that was her
mind, the universes that resided inside of her. With his heart pounding roughly in his chest, he gazed into her deep eyes, and realized the stars had been
trapped in them all along.