[twenty three - storm]

"what am i supposed to do while you're gone?"beautiful asked as she bit into her muffin

beautiful asked as she bit into her muffin.

Derek smiled.
"i'm gonna be gone for five days,not weeks."

she nodded.

"i know but still,i'm gonna be,all lonely."

"hang out with remedy and sincere. go get your nails done or something. do you need money?"
he asked reaching into his pocket.

"no no! it's okay."
she clarified making him stop.
"i'm fine."

"i'm probably just gonna catch up on some work. i have a test on Wednesday that i'm gonna study for too."
she nodded.

"that's good. i'm sorry i'm gonna be gone for so long,this trip was really spur of the moment."
he apologized.

"it's fine really. i just want you to be safe."
she nodded,accepting his apology.

he smiled.
"i'll call you every day,make sure you pick up. i wanna hear your voice."

"i'll try."
she said sarcastically as she sipped her drink.

Derek glanced at his watch as he sipped his drink once more before picking up his trash.

"alright, there's supposed to be a storm coming in. i wanna make sure i get to the airport before it starts raining."
he told her as he stood up.

she did the same.
"okay,call me when you get there. let me know how it goes."

Derek nodded as he engulfed her in a tight hug,allowing her to say goodbye.
"i will."

he fixed his jacket as he picked up his phone before laying a soft kiss on her cheek.

"i'll see you Sunday."
he told her as he walked out the door of the coffee shop.

"bye."
she mumbled as she watched him leave the shop,getting into his car before driving off.

kilani sighed,pulling out her phone as she dialed keith's number,waiting for him to pick up.

"come outside,i'm next to the tables."
he told her as soon as he picked up.

beautiful nodded even though he couldn't see her before rushing outside,in search of his car.

she found his car before opening the passenger door,sitting in the seat next to him.

"how was your brunch,or whatever you girls call it."
he asked as he pulled into the street.