The Awakening

Since Taylor Swift's debut album, I have been a casual listener, gradually evolving into a genuine fan during her Lover era. However, it was during the Folklore era that I truly embraced my identity as a Swiftie. As someone who deeply appreciates art and creativity, I found myself captivated by the profound beauty of Taylor Swift's lyrical compositions. I aspired to emulate her, even possessing the ability to sing and play the guitar and ukulele. However, I soon realized that pursuing a career in the music industry, akin to Taylor Swift's, was not my true calling. Instead, my passion lies in the realms of literature, poetry, and prose.

Hence, I made the decision to become the literary equivalent of Taylor Swift. I titled my work "The Awakening" because it symbolizes the birth, the commencement of my writing journey. This book serves as a diary of my adventures, heartbreaks, and romances as a teenage girl, spanning up to my third year of College. It encapsulates a myriad of lessons that not only awakened my eyes but also ignited a fire within me. The timeline of this book encompasses the ages of 14 to 21, encompassing seven years of lyrical perspectives influenced by my personal experiences, as well as narratives drawn from people I have encountered, both known and unknown, and those I wish I had known or never did.

I am aware that it took me seven years to compile and consolidate my work into this book, a timeline that may seem peculiar. The truth is, my drive and passion for writing were not consistently linear during those years, fluctuating with the ebb and flow of life's demands and my personal journey. However, at present, my passion for writing burns brighter than ever before. Therefore, following the release of "The Awakening," I intend to promptly publish another book titled "In the Wake of Destruction: Navigating the Fallout." And soon enough, you will have a clear understanding of what it will be about and who it will involve.

For now, I sincerely hope that you will appreciate and support "The Awakening," as this creative process has been profoundly fulfilling for me. With its awakening, I aspire for the lessons contained within its pages to awaken your own eyes as well.