Life ends the moment it finally began.

(Left : autumn)(Middle: kaylee) (is referred as "I" right now) (this POV is in Kaylee's point of view) (Right: Mel)

(Left : autumn)
(Middle: kaylee) (is referred as "I" right now) (this POV is in Kaylee's point of view)
(Right: Mel)

Zombies...a lot of people could argue that zombies are a cool monster that you used to see on tv, but if you saw the world we live in would you be able to say the same?

Who knew that this could happen all of sudden, people were slaughtered by such a beast we didn't know anything about. We waited and waited for the government but it was clear they wouldn't do anything to save us so of course people decided to split up and go alone.

I never knew what happened to the rest of the people we encountered along the way but knowing  how bad it is, it's safe to assume that they're dead. There's no sugarcoating these harsh times by saying 'oh it'll get better' or 'the government will eventually come and save us!' We all knew that those words were all bullshit and that no one would come. If we wanted to survive we would have to do it ourselves.

But I'm getting ahead of myself aren't I? Why don't we go to when it all started.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤
The day started like every other, my head would hurt one morning and then would leave by the time I had breakfast with my family before heading to school.

Everything seemed fine, I saw my mother make breakfast for my two youngest sisters as my other sister who was only 2 years younger than me was washing the dishes.

As usual I helped put the dishes away while I ate a piece of bread before heading to school. "Bye mother I'm heading to school."

She waved as usual as I left for school. I'm not sure why she was awake at 6 anyways with my sisters since at this time they would be sleeping in their cozy beds but that will forever be a mystery to me.

When I arrive at school I looked around to try and find my friends but they weren't at their usual spot until suddenly I felt the lightest tap on my shoulder as I jumped in surprise

"Mel! You don't have to scare me like that" I said shaking slightly from how quiet she could be. It's strangely criminal

"Oh autumn you're here too?" I asked as autumn slowly pulled her hair back "I got here at the same time as Mel"

"I see." I looked around to see if I could find my other friends as well but they weren't in the lunch room so I just left them be, plus it's not like I had that much time to find them anyways

"So autumn, Mel...I have a question for you two"

The two twins looked at me as if they seemed a bit worried "yeah what is it?" Autumn answered

"Well I've had this strange feeling ever since I woke up this morning. Everything seems odd... for example my family was up at 6 am today which is unusual for them."