I'll Make a Man Out of You

Before Shan Yu were thrown two soldiers from the Imperial Army. He looked down upon them, grinning sadistically.

"Imperial Scouts."

"Shan Yu!" one cried out, terrified for his life.

"Nice work, gentlemen," he said sarcastically. "You've found the Hun army." His laughter rang out evilly, contrasting with his gravely voice.

The other soldier glared at him and said shakily, "The emperor will stop you."

"Stop me? He invited me," he replied, gesturing. "By building this wall, he challenged by strength." Shan Yu grabbed them both, looking between the two, debating on who to kill. "Well, I'm here to play his game." Finally, he threw them both down. "Go! Tell your emperor to send his strongest armies. I'm ready."

They both scurried off. As they ran, be took out his long ranged weapon and stared them down. "How many men does it take to deliver a message?"

He aimed, ready to fire.

"One."

-

"Okay, okay. How about this?" Y/n puffed out her chest, H/n watching. They had been traveling all night towards the camp and were nearly there.

She made her voice go deeper to sing more masculine. "Excuse me. Where do I sign in? Ah, I see you have a sword. I have one, too. They're very manly and tough." She tried to pull it out, but fumbled and dropped it.

H/n fell down in laughter, only stopping when his owner hit him over the head with a shoe. "I'm working on it!" she said angrily. Defeated, she sat. "Oh, who am I fooling? It would take a miracle to get me into the army."

"Did I hear someone ask for a miracle?"

Startled, she looked to the vice, seeing a huge shadow of a dragon with a bunch of smoke.

"Let me hear ya say, 'Ahhh!' "

"AHHHHH!!!!!"

"That's close enough!"

"A ghost!" She tried to back away from whatever the heck that thing was, diving behind a rock.

"Get ready, Y/n. Your serpentine salvation is at hand, for I have been sent by your ancestors to guide you through your show and tell! So heed my word, 'cause if the army finds out you're a girl, the penalty is death!"

"Who are you?"

"Who am I? Who am I?! I am the guardian of lost souls! I am the powerful, the pleasuring, the indescribable Mushu!" He appeared from behind the rock that he was behind as a small, red and yellow dragon.

Y/n stared blankly for a moment.

"Ah, I'm pretty hot, huh?"

H/n tried to step on him, Y/n having to stop him. She instead picked him up. "My ancestors sent a little lizard to help me?"

He struggled out of her grasp. "Hey, dragon. Dra. Gon. I don't do that tongue thing." He stuck it out in demonstration.

Dragon...

"You're...um..."

"Intimidating? Awe-inspiring?"

"...tiny."

He opened his mouth for a second, then responded with a nonchalant, "Of course! I am travel-sized for your convenience. If I was my real size, your cow here would die of fright."

H/n whinnied a little, then exhaled sharply at him, then tried to bite at him again. Mushu gave him an annoyed look and pointed at the ground.

"Down, Bessie."