Moving Forward (Short)

Kayla

"Welcome to California, thanks for riding Jet International!" The pilot said as me and Michael was having breakfast on his jet. We were moving out of desperate town and into Cali. I felt like its been ten years since I been here. I was glad to know that my late parents, left the home to me. The only problem was that Julius was let go from having a good lawyer so we left town a month later. Michael stayed with me at the house like usual but when we got the call, we left out right away.

I could barely sleep so Michael stayed up with me on those nights. Night terrors crept in and I was terrified. However, Michael said that it wasn't going to last for long. I was starting to fall in love with him more as the days went by and I felt like he understood me. His touch meant more to me than putting a bunch of makeup on my face. My cuts and bruises have healed since then and now, I can wear little to no makeup at all. My flawless skin was coming back and Michael loved my beauty.

"So, to a new chapter?" He said as he raised his wine glass. "Yes, to a new chapter." I said as our glasses clicked together. I got tickled as we ate and he giggled. "You are beautiful baby." He said as my cheeks turned red. I never blushed so many times, just waking up on times I would actually get some sleep, to a man like him.

"Thank you Mikey." that was my nickname for him. He actually made me feel happier than ever. He looked at me and smiled with those special peals that spread across his gums. "Your welcome butterfly." His nickname for me had me blush from ear to ear. I couldn't believe that I was in this situation but I am glad that I met Michael. He meant something to me and I especially meant something to him. This wasn't an everyday life for me and I went through most of it feeling like shit.

"So what does your mom's house look like?" He asked. I swallowed my orange juice, "Its more like a mansion of Beverly hills. Hehe my mother had vison its a six bathroom, seven bathroom house, indoor /outside pool, a tennis court, the works." I said as his eyes grew wide.

"I used to live in California but once I got this job, I moved but now, I am heading back. I thought that once I met Lisa everything would have been for the better but I was wrong. She is the very least of my worries right now." He said.

"What was she like?" I asked but he shook his head. "Well lets just say she wasn't all a cup of tea but she only taught me lessons on what to do and what not to. I am 30 years old and have been a success with and without her. But marriage is something that I thought would transpire to where I could be even happier. A family man and married, that's what I wanted but that ship has sailed."

"Do you think she had cold feet almost?" I asked out of curiosity. He looked at me and played with his chin for a minute. "Not really because if you can play like it's all peaches and cream, you don't play in reality with feelings of emotion. I'll say it like that." He said as he finished up his bacon.

I nodded because that made sense. Julius made everyone think that we was good and all the sneaky shit he was doing made him a fool but I felt like the biggest idiot that every decided to stay with him.

"Do you think I am an idiot for staying with him even though- you know?" I asked. And shook his head, " I really don't but he ended up the biggest fool for doing the same shit over and over again. And towards his wife, I could never, ever do that to a woman. Especially to someone who is as beautiful as you." He said.

We landed safely and we got inside the car that was waiting. We rode in silence for the hour ride there but as we got closer, my anxiety started to kick in. The truck movers made it just in time along with our things. We decided to stay together because it were safer that way. Michael insisted that I don't stay alone , he wanted us to stay close. He had no family who lived here but he did have friends. Quincy Jones was one of them. An old head but good soul that he had been friends with for years, he practically help raise him.

He called in a few favors as we rode to the house, people were placing survillance camera, a security system and a gate lock. We stepped out as old memories played back around I was bittersweet. And it was as if Michael felt the energy I was giving off becuase he came around and wrapped his arms around me. "I am right here baby." He said in my ear. I couldn't believe I was back here after this long when I should have stayed. As the men worked we helped carry the boxes inside the home, in each room as I took old sheets off of the furniture and rearraging everything. The only room I kept closed was my mothers, I had to build up confidence before entering it. Michael told me to take my time because this wasn't easy for me. I had to do this just to keep safe.

After a days of work, the house was settle besides a few things that wasn't put up. Most of the photographs that I took in the moments where I thought I was happy was thrown away as we packed up to move. And now I was satified with this ending result. I ended up creating Michael an office room and I had one upstairs. Me and him shared the master bedroom becuase I got used to sleeping with Michael so much that it was comforting. I didn't want to be alone and he understood. He takes his time with me and he valued me as a woman. I still couldn't believe that it took me this fucking long to see the bigger picture.

To be comtinued.. So sorry for the long wait.. Shall this continue?