Eighteen || Honey

-Art by aprev59 on Twitter-

[Reference to chapter 168-179]

With his fist raised to the sky, Takemichi called out to the Toman leader.

It was a sight for sore eyes to see Mikey finally stride into the fight and hold Takemichi close as he thanked him. Draken came too, bringing Hinata on his bike.

I was standing with Chifuyu, Akkun, Hakkai and the others as we watched them talk amongst each other. It finally felt like hope had been refilled when Mikey and Draken came forward, saying they'd take down Tenjiku once and for all.

The other gang doubted their abilities and hurled insults towards them but Mikey wasn't having it. "Who do you two-hundred people think I am?" And then he said louder than I had ever heard him be, "I can take down even twenty-thousand men!"

Men from the other side were speechless at his decleration. I, on the other hand, couldn't stop my eyes from watering and the same could be said for the rest of Toman. Our Mikey was back. With a gentle smile, he turned to our trembling faces and asked, "What's wrong, you guys?" With those words from our captain, we followed behind him. Nobody wiped their tears of relief as a sign of gratitude to the boy who was about to lead us to victory. "Let's have some fun! It's a show-down, isn't it?" He grinned while popping his knuckles.

It started off with Mikey going up against Izana; the two strongest of both gangs. They were both having it out to the extent where it looked lile they were trying to kill each other.

The fight stretched on for a while until eventually Izana pointed a gun at Mikey, which was slapped out of his hand by Kakucho, the guy with the scar. He tried to convince Izana that Tenjiku was defeated but while the two guys were busy shouting at each other, Kisaki pulled up behind them and shot Kakucho, aswell as Izana after he tried to save his friend. Nobody could have possibly predicted something like that would happen.

Even as someone from Toman, I had to admit it was heartbreaking to watch. I could hear what they were saying from where I stood. I could tell the emotional connected the two who were lying on the floor had. Especially as they tearfully held each other's hands as Izana bled out.

Snow fell from the heavens and onto the bloody concrete. The white snowflakes grazed the two gangs who had been united through loss and victory.

I was glad that Toman won. But upset that this was what it had to cost.

Mikey stared grimly at his now dead brother before turning back to the hundreds of people around him. "Members of Toman and Tenjiku- everyone listen up!" He told everyone to leave before the police services arrived and dismissed the battle. The short boy turned back to Kisaki who was trembling with fear on the floor. "I'll never fogive you, Kisaki."

The sudden rumbling of an engine pulled everybody's attention to the bike which was interrupting the scene. On it was Hanma, who I had totally forgotten existed until now. With one, clean, movement he grabbed Kisaki and yanked him onto his bike, driving away with the criminal. Just like that, they fled the area.

Commotion broke out after that. There were people screaming and running all over the place. A big guy bumped into me as he tried to escape the area with his friends before the police came, causing me to stumble a little as I was still really injured. Before I fell, a certain someone behind me gently held my shoulders to steady me. Expecting it to be Chifuyu, I was suprised to turn around to see Inui.

"Come on. We need to get out of here too." He said as he pulled me away.

"But what about-"

"Let Takemichi and Draken handle it. They got this." He told me sternly. My sad eyes lingered on his burn scar before I nodded.

The thin boy was still holding onto me when we reached our bikes. Chifuyu was already standing there, almost as if he was waiting for us. He walked forwards and looked down coldly at Inui's hand on mine. With just that look enough, Inui released his slender fingers around my wrist and said, "Don't get the wrong idea. I was just returning the favour to her after she saved me from Mucho." After those words, he walked to over to Hakkai, probably to offer him a ride.

I had nothing to say. Not to Chifuyu, not to anyone. And I think he understood that because instead of making me speak, he just told me to start up my bike.

We ended up leaving last out of those who were running away, right before the police came. Chifuyu and I rode side by side in silence that snowy night. It had been a long day and I wanted nothing more than to go home.

Our bikes slowed down as we stopped at a red light, even though the streets were empty at that time. "You okay?" He asked rather quietly.

"Me okay." I said back. Small particles of the snow fell on my eyelashes as I blinked tiredly.

My mind drifted back to the last time it snowed like this. It was nighttime. On christmas, right after Toman won against the Black Dragons. I didn't have a ride since Mitsuya took Takemichi so Chifuyu carried me the whole way. And he didn't let me down once, even though it was cold and snowing like it was now. My bottom lip trembled at the memory. He was there for me then, just like how he was here for me now after I lost Emma.

Everybody was mainly concerned about the state of Mikey and Draken, as they rightfully should be- Emma meant so much to them. But what about me? She was my best friend since we were kids. What the hell was I supposed to do now that she was gone? And it felt like Chifuyu was the only one who knew that. There wasn't a moment that day where he left me alone when I didn't ask to be. Even now, he drove alongside me in silence, knowing I wouldn't want to talk.

The traffic light turned green but my kickstand remained on the floor. When Chifuyu noticed I wasn't moving, he said my name with a voice like honey. I didn't answer immediately.

He remained stationary along with me. "Do you think she's be sad right now, Chifuyu?" I asked eventually without thinking.

"Eh?"

"Emma. Do you think she'd be upset? To see me so hopeless and miserable without her?" My eyes remained glued to the road in front as the white flocks of snow painted the concrete.

Chifuyu sucked in a breath and looked up at the dark sky. "I don't think she'd be upset. You were a good friend to her and I know she really loved you. If anything, she'd smile at you and say quit moping around or something like that."

His words hit harder than any punch or kick I recieved that night. I looked down at my lap so he wouldn't see the tears escaping my eyes. "Thank you, Chifuyu." I mumbled just loud enough for him to hear.

Instead of carrying on the topic, he simply started up his bike.

"Come on. Let's go home."