33- Summer Break

My Junior year came to an end as Rosalie and Emmet graduated once again. The two of them were ready to not be doing school. They left on a trip the day after they graduated, wanting some alone time together.

I was just excited to have summer break off.

It was quite an eventful summer, seeing as I met the Quileute tribe for the first time only three days into the summer break.

It happened when I was wandering around the woods alone while the family went hunting. I had accidentally walked straight into the Quileute's land and was met with a big, scary-looking man.

"Who are you?" The stranger asked aggressively. I could tell I had angered him from the tense way he was standing, so I went on the defensive immediately.

"Who are you?" I asked him back.

He took a step closer to me as he clenched his fists. "Answer my question."

"I'm Emma," I told him, not wanting to fight.

"What are you?"

"What?" I asked him, confused.

"What are you?" He reiterated. "You smell like a vampire, but you have a heartbeat. What are you?"

"I'm a shapeshifter," I told him. Seeing as he already knew about Vampires, I figured he was one of the Quileutes I had heard so much about. "I'm assuming you are as well, right?"

Instead of answering my question, he asked me another. "Why do you smell like a vampire?"

"I live with the Cullens," I told him. "They took me in."

"They took you in?"

"Yeah. Now answer my question, who are you?"

"I'm Sam," he told me. "Now, what do you mean they took you in?"

"I live in the house the Cullen's live in with them."

"And they haven't killed you?"

"No," I told him, with a smile on my face. "They actually like me."

Sam scoffed at my words. "Why would you ever hang out with them?"

"None of your business," I told him. I didn't know how he would react to me saying I imprinted on Jasper, so I decided to avoid that for the time being. "Now, can you drop the tough guy act, and can we have an actual conversation?"

Sam surprisingly agreed, and the two of us sat down somewhere random so I could explain to him part of my history. I told him about my old pack, how I moved here, and how the Cullens saved me from my parents. In return, he told me about the legends the Quileutes had. He told me he was the first to phase since the Cullens had come back around, but there were a few other boys who had phased as well.

Our conversation came to an abrupt end when another, younger boy accidentally found us.

"Oh, who are you?" The younger boy asked me.

"My name's Emma," I told him, not feeling like having another weird conversation with him as I did with Sam.

"Well, I'm Jacob," the boy said, sending me a smile.

The name was one I had heard before, so I decided to take a shot in the dark. "You wouldn't perhaps be Jacob Black, would you?"

I could tell Sam was shocked that I knew who he was, but Jacob was astounded. "And how do you know that? Was Sam talking about me?"

"No," I told him. "I'm friends with Bella. I've heard her mention you before."

"Oh, well, that makes sense," he said, relaxing as he realized why I knew him. "Well, I was just passing through. Hopefully, I'll see you again. Bye!"

"Bye!" I waved at him as he went on his way. As soon as he was out of earshot, I said, "So he's going to phase too, right?"

"Definitely," Sam told me. "He's the son of the chief. When he phases, he'll be the alpha."

"Makes sense."

With that, my phone started going crazy with texts from the family asking where I was before Jasper called me. I answered his call and placed my phone up to my ear.

"What are you doing on their land? I can't come to get you over there."

"Relax, Jazz. I'm fine. I ran into Sam, and we became aquatinted, nothing to worry about."

"I'm still going to worry."

"I'll come home in a second. Just let me say goodbye."

"Okay. I love you."

"Love you too." And with that, I hung up the phone before looking over at a perplexed Sam. "What?" I asked him.

"You love him?" Sam questioned, looking at me with a smirk on his face. "Does this mean you've imprinted on someone? Are they in Forks?"

"Oh yeah," I said, setting my phone in my pocket as I realized I had no way out of this conversation. "I may or may not have imprinted of Jasper."

"Jasper who?"

"Jasper Cullen."

Sam's teasing demeanor changed in an instant. He froze at my words as he realized I imprinted on a vampire. "Oh," he said.

"Yeah," I replied. "I understand if you want me never to come back again." I stood up, ready to leave when Sam grabbed my arm.

"Wait," he said. "Give me your phone."

"Why?" I asked him, afraid he might break it or something.

"So I can give you my number. You're still one of us, and I'm not going to exile you from the Rez like I did to the bloodsuckers."

I handed Sam my phone, letting him add his contact to it. "Thanks," I told him. "That means a lot."

"Of course," he said, handing me my phone back. "You're welcome here anytime; just don't bring any leeches over, and we'll be fine."

"I wouldn't dream of it," I told him with a smirk of a smile on my face. "I'll see you later, Sam."

"See you later, Emma."

I walked my way back through the woods toward our house. I could see Jasper standing agitatedly at what I assumed was the treaty line. "I'm going to kill you," he told me with a frown set on his face.

"No, you're not," I told him with a smile.

The second I passed the treaty line Jasper wrapped me up in a hug and pulled me close. "Don't disappear like that," he begged me.

"Sorry," I told him. "I didn't mean to cross the treaty line. I won't go without telling you next time."

"Next time?" He questioned, pulling back slightly but still keeping me in his arms.

"Oh yeah," I told him happily. "Sam said I can come back!"

"Oh, great."