93- Seth's Mom

After a long flight and car ride, Jasper and I were finally home, where we could help Seth. It was already the next day, and we were upset we hadn't gotten there sooner. We both ran into the house, only for Edward to stop us right inside the door.

He grabbed both of our arms, stopping us from entering, and said, "Before you go in there, Seth just woke up, and we think his mom might be on her way here."

"I'll fight her when she gets here," I told him, already upset at the woman for making Seth cry.

"Fine by me," Edward replied, letting go of our arms.

Jasper and I both ran into the living room to see Seth sitting next to Emmet on the couch. Everyone else looked over to us, but Seth hadn't realized we were in the room. The two of us made our way to Seth as Emmet slowly moved away from him. That got Seth to glance around to see why Emmet was moving.

As he finally noticed us, Jasper and I sat down on either side of him and pulled him in for a hug.

"It's going to be okay," I told him gently.

"I'm so fed up with it," he replied, leaning into me. "I just want to stop fighting."

"Would me yelling at her help?" I asked him.

"Emma," Jasper scolded, not wanting to upset Seth more.

"Maybe," he mumbled, surprising all of us.

"Oh my goodness, what happened while we were gone?" I asked him, pulling him and Jasper closer. "Why didn't you call us sooner?"

"She's just been the worst since the wedding," Seth told us. "She's furious about me being in the wedding, and apparently, she didn't know I was spending time over here as much as I was. Then Leah told her how much I look up to you two and she exploded. That's when I ran and called you."

"Well, now we're here to protect you," Jasper told him, looking up at me briefly.

I heard a coughing sound, turning my attention to Edward, who was looking at me with wide eyes. I could tell he wanted to talk, so I let his powers take over my mind and focused on his thoughts.

'She's coming,' he told me, 'and I don't think he's going to take this well.'

I'll deal with her if you help Jasper make sure Seth doesn't hear it, I responded, not wanting him to listen to the thoughts I had toward her.

I turned my attention briefly to Seth and accidentally heard him thinking, but his thoughts warmed my heart. Instead of thinking about his mom, he was thinking about how happy he was to be with Jasper and me, and I could tell he trusted the two of us more than he trusted his mom.

I quickly shook off Edward's powers, embracing Jasper's once again. I looked up at Jasper, only to realize he had been talking to Seth without me realizing. "Why don't we go up to our room for a second," Jasper suggested to Seth.

The younger boy nodded as I shifted his weight over to Jasper. The two of them stood up, Emmet and Edward following. They made their way up to our room just as I heard a car pull into the driveway.

I got up quickly and made my way to the front door, not wanting her to step foot in the house. Rosalie followed behind me, ready for whatever was about to happen. I walked out the front door as Sue got out of her car.

"Where is my son?" She demanded, walking closer to me.

"He doesn't want to see you," I told her, meeting with her at the porch's steps.