Matt's Ending

After escaping the lodge I stay on the mountain for a few more weeks waiting on the police to leave and avoiding the Wendigos. When they finally do I take a cable car and head out to the road. Bandages cover my back, arms, and legs from where I was burned.

"Alright. Where to?" I ask and the wind blows right.

I'm about to start walking down the road when a bus pulls up beside me. It opens its doors so I hop on.

"Where you heading to?" A man asks me.

"Alberta?" I question curiously.

"Take a Seat." The man says so I do.

I look out the window and watch as the scenery moves in amazement. After about an hour on the bus it pulls to a stop. I stand up and walk to get off the bus.

"Thank you." I mutter and leave.

I walk around the town for a little while taking everything in. It's almost dark and I hear cheering coming from somewhere nearby. I get curious and go to check it out. I see a large field and bleachers filled with people.

I look out on the field and spot a familiar face. I see Matt running down the field holding a ball. I run over to the fence excitedly. I watch the rest of the game in amazement even if I don't understand it.

When the game is over I see Matt walking to his car. I run up to him and jump on his back. He lets out a small scream and flips me over his back. I land on my feet and look up at him.

He says nothing and just wraps me into a warm hug. I happily hug him back.

"I missed you. I thought you died." Matt mutters into my shoulder.

"I got stuck under a burning beam but I made it out." I say gesturing to the bandages.

"Come on I'll take you to my place and we can talk." Matt says and ruffles my hair.

"Okay." I say and hop into his truck.

On the way there he rolls the window down and I stick my head out of it. Feeling the wind through my hair was so comforting. I catch Matt staring at me and he quickly turns away with a small blush.

We pull into a driveway and I see a large, tan house.

"Wow it's like the lodge." I say as Matt opens the car door for me.

He rubs his head bashfully.

"Yeah my parents paid for it." He says and we walk to the door.

He unlocks it and lets me inside. I look at everything curious and excited.

"You can stay in the guest bedroom." Matt says and shows it to me.

"Thanks Matt!" I exclaim and hug him.

*1 year later*

Matt got invited to play in the NFL of course he accepted. We are sitting in his truck eating burgers as a celebration.

I look over to see Matt staring at me with a strange look in his eyes.

"You know I've been thinking about something for a while now." He mutters and turns to face me.

"Yeah what is it?" I ask curiously and set my burger down.

"We've gotten a lot closer since we met and I think you're really amazing." Matt says and his face turns red.

"Thank you. I think you're pretty awesome yourself." I say with a teasing smile.

"T-Thanks." Matt stutters.

"Is there something you wanted to ask?" I ask curiously.

"Uh yeah. Would...would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asks nervously.

I lean over to him and his face gets redder.

"I would love to." I mutter and kiss him.

His eyes widen in surprise but he kisses me back.

*3 years later*

Matt's football team just won championships. I have paint on my face and I'm cheering loudly. Matt runs over to me and lifts me up cheering happily. I laugh and hug him. He kisses me deeply and then sets me down.

I see his team behind him holding up some signs.

'Will you marry me?'

I look down and see Matt on one knee holding a ring.

"Oh my gosh! Of course!" I exclaim happily.

Matt puts the ring on my finger and kisses me. His team cheers and picks us up. They carry us off the field.

(A bit short but I think it suited Matt. Thanks for reading. Sorry it took me so long to update.)