Chapter 6

Chiranth

After the semester exams ended I had to join the evaluation team as I had duty as an evaluator. So I went to university for 3 consecutive days and finished my duty. Since I was free, I thought of visiting my parents in Chamrajnagar, but to my surprise they were at my apartment next day evening.

Since they were tired, I prepared a decent dinner for them. Once we were done with dinner, they wanted to talk to me about something and I received a hint about the matter.

" Chiru, we considered about your marriage seriously and found a good match for you. You know.. your uncle's wife, she met them in some family function and got to know about the girl's family. She belongs to good family and looks beautiful too. Anyways you're free nowadays, so can we go and meet her family?"

My mother was already expecting a yes from me so I agreed without much delay. She went ahead to get the photo and bio data of the girl. I was also a bit curious about the girl who managed to get my mother's attention.

She came out with a photo and bio data in her hand and handed it to me. I was quite surprised to see the photo and I wanted to confirm few things.

" Amma are you sure she is the girl you want me to meet?"
" Of course. Isn't she pretty? We are going to meet her family tomorrow "
" You already fixed everything? I still have chance to say yes or no, right?"
I playfully looked at her as if I felt betrayed.

" Of course you will have the final say. I'm sure you both will like each other"
" Amma, do you know anything more about her?"
" I just know she is a student but I forgot to ask about the college details. We will talk to her when we meet. But tell me what's your first impression about the girl?"
" She is beautiful Amma, she is active and looks cheerful. I want to know more about her as an individual"
" I knew she will manage to grab your attention. I have a haunch this proposal will work. You can get to know her once you both say ok to each other"
"Fine Amma"

I don't know what will be your reaction if you get to know that I have met her much earlier than your introduction. This is going to be interesting...

Shrinidhi

I didn't even ask Appa about the details of the boy, the only information I know is he works as a lecturer. So even if I get married early, I may not have much problems in convincing him to continue my studies. At least this would be better than convincing Appa.

I tried contacting Pri but her phone was still in out of coverage area. I didn't have anyone else to talk about this, so I didn't bother talking to anyone. Appa was happily preparing for everything and Amma was still skeptical about my decision.

I still had a day to mentally prepare myself for this. I don't even have an idea how exactly will be the situation and what and all will be the questions I need to answer. I kept praying that everything goes well.

Finally it was the day I had to meet the boy and his family. I was already having a parade by entire zoo inside my tummy because of all the tensions. Amma helped me drape an orange red silk saree and I kept all other things simple. I tucked my hair with a simple clip and applied tiny amount of makeup.

Though I was confident when I said yes to Appa about the meeting, now every cell in my brain screamed 'abort mission' and run away, which is practically impossible.

I was waiting in my room when the boy's family came home. I was too nervous to hear their conversation, so I continued to offer my prayers to every single god I remembered to save me from this situation. After sometime Amma walked into my room and asked me to come out with her. Based on her expression I could clearly say it wasn't some bald uncle type boy in his 30's for sure. Her smile spoke too many words that my mind couldn't grasp at this moment.