Chapter 21

Shrinidhi

My exams started on 3rd of April continued till 30th. In the first week of May, my practical exams were completed and the results were supposed to be announced towards the end of June. GATE exams results were already out and I had secured good score, so I could apply for research or industrial jobs without any worries.

As soon as my exams finished my mother in law dragged me home and started taking care of me like I was in military service for an year. Chiranth was busy with evaluation duty as usual and he was supposed to attend a national level seminar in Delhi for two weeks week after that.

After dropping me home he went back. Now I'm enjoying my time with my in-laws and preparing to celebrate their 30th year anniversary. We were planning to have pooja at home followed by a get together. Since my husband was busy I had to take care of everything.

Shrey was on his semester break, so he came to Chamrajnagar. With all the free time in hand, I managed to get my learners license for four wheeler and my driving skills were not at all bad. My father in law would let me drive all the time and guide me whenever necessary.

Two days prior to the function Chiru finally came back home. Though we had hour long phone calls every night, I missed him very badly. But our romance was cut short because of the preparations of the celebration. Everything went well and our families were happy.

Next day my results were announced and my grades were really good. We returned back to Mysore to collect my documents. Since there were vacancies in DFRL and ONGC, I tried applying for both and attended the interview.

"Nidhi... Did you check your mail? "
He asked me while I was busy cooking lunch.
"No "
I replied.
"Is you mail id logged in the laptop ?"
"I think it is. Check it once "
There was silence for sometime and suddenly he started screaming my name.
"What happened? I can hear if you call me with normal way too "
"God... Nidhi you're placed in DFRL. "
"You're not joking right? "
"Of course not. Check this out "
He showed me the mail and I had tears in my eyes as soon as I read it. Finally my dream is coming true and I can't explain the amount of happiness I'm experiencing.

I received a call from our HOD to congratulate me for being first rank holder in chemistry.
"Chiru, I think I'm feeling giddy "
"What happened? Who called ?"
"From college. HOD said I got 1st rank"
"Congrats Nidhi "
He hugged me tightly and kissed on my forehead.
"I can't believe I'm experiencing so much happiness at a time. Feels like I'm dreaming. "
"Of course not Nidhi. You deserve all these for the hard work you have put in. I'm really really proud of you Nidhi and this time I'll definitely be in your convocation to cheer for you. "

I called my in-laws to let them know about all the good news and they were more than happy about it. I called home too and everyone was eager to attend my convocation which will be held within a month time.

I had to start my training in DFRL as junior research fellow and in the one month training period I hardly had time for anything. Morning to evening I would be in lab and when I came back home I would be already exhausted.
"Just some more days, everything will be back to normal"
He said.

I wanted to spend time with him. But my busy days kept me away from him. When I had to go to Bangalore for work purposes, I didn't know how to handle everything on my own. He had classes and couldn't skip and I didn't want to burden his already busy days. I stayed in my father's house for that week and the daily calls by husband kept me alive.

Finally it was time for my convocation. A dream that I had worked for a long time is now a reality and the major reason behind it is my family, especially my Ajji, Amma, my in-laws and my dear husband. I don't know if I could imagine all these without them. I got ready with my golden saree that my husband had gifted for me.

When I glanced at the audience as I received my gold medal. I looked at my proud husband who stood by my side since the very first day of our marriage. I was surprised to see my father along with my other family members.

When I came back to meet my family my father hugged me and congratulated me.
"I was so wrong all these years Nidhu. You are the actual pride of our family. I was always biased towards you and kept prioritizing Shrey over you. It was my mistake. I want to sincerely apologize today for all my mistakes. Please forgive me if possible"
His words made feel numb for a moment.
"He needs a second chance Nidhi. Let him correct his mistakes. He is repenting his actions and forgiving him would be a new start for you both"
My husband held my hand.
" I already forgave you Appa. You have given me a beautiful family and I am grateful for everything you have done to me. May be your actions and words were harsh but they unknowingly brought happiness in my life ultimately. If not for your decision of getting me married, today I wouldn't have such lovely people around me. So I'm thankful for that. Hope we can be happy together"

I had tears by the end of this happy reunion. I celebrated my graduation with my family. May be this is what bliss feels like...

"Congratulations on your graduation Mrs. Shrinidhi Chiranth Rao. I'm really proud of you "
My husband back hugged me as we reached home after dropping off everyone. I was still busy removing my jhumkas and bangles that complimented my saree.
"I don't know how to thank you Chiru. You're the reason I'm happily graduated. In fact you're the reason I'm graduating in love too"
"Then when are you letting me graduate Nidhi? You know I still have my practical exams pending"
I know what he meant and I'm more than willing to let him graduate.
"Mr. Chiranth Rao, today I'll let you take up your practical exams in love life. I hope you can ace it."
I whispered loud enough for him.
"Don't worry mam. I'm very confident I'll handle everything well"

He whispered in my ear and kissed it next. The knot in my blouse was easily unlatched and the safety pin that tucked my pallu safely to the blouse was undone and the saree slipped from my shoulder on its own.

My breathing became shallow when he turned me to face him. The nervousness in me didn't allow me to face him completely.

I felt his lips against my forehead. It calmed my raging heart to some extent. Then the kisses trailed in southward direction marking each part of my body making me feel lightheaded.

Clothes were discarded all over the room and the not-so-messy-husband of mine was messing up every nerve in my body. Our bodies never lost contact and throughout our journey to our bed. There was a heavy pour of kisses and thunderstorms of triggering touches. He gently and lovingly made love to me and the initial pain was replaced with ultimate pleasure.

I lost track of time and lost myself to him that night. Even after being sore like hell my body craved for more of him. The magic of love continued till both of our souls became one and bodies were drained. My exhausted body was drifting to sleep and I heard love you Nidhi before my eyes shut close.

Next day morning sunrays kissed our exposed skin and I wasn't able to feel my limbs.
"Morning wifey "
I heard that morning baritone voice....
"Morning husband "
"So.... Did I graduate? "
He asked with a smirk.
"With gold medal"
I replied and hugged him tight.

"Love isn't something you find.
Love something that finds you❤"