Family

It was mid-February, and the couple was all packed and ready to go fly out to Las Vegas for Clara's wedding. The ceremony was to take place the following week.

Camila and Lauren stood in the foyer as their driver was carrying out the last of their luggage to the car. The doctor slipped on her shades and the two headed out the door.

"Shit..." Lauren sighed, as they were crossing the threshold.

"What is it?"

"I forgot my cell phone."

"Babe, I thought you said you had everything."

The basketball player patted her jacket pockets.

"Not my phone. You go ahead. I left it on the kitchen counter. I'll be out in a sec."

Camila smiled and shook her head. "Okay, but hurry." She turned and headed out the door as Lauren jogged back into the house.

* * *

Marty was sitting comfortably at his post in the front gate booth of Lauren and Camila's house. He waved to the departing couple and waited for the vehicle to disappear out of sight. The security guard pulled out his cell phone and made a call.

"Hello?"

"Jasmine, it's Marty. I have some news for you."

"Yeah? Does it have to do with our little project?"

"Yes. Ms. Jauregui and Ms. Cabello are going out of town today. I think you have more than enough footage for what you were looking for."

"Great! You are the best, Marty. I'll be by later this afternoon. You'll get what I promised you."

* * * * *

As they neared the basketball player's old neighborhood, it almost felt surreal. The trees were bare of any leaves and lawns that were usually green in the spring were somewhat yellow. All vegetation was slowly recovering from the winter weather and there was a cool breeze in the air. It was a nice afternoon.

"We're back." Camila smiled, as Lauren drove their rental car through the familiar streets of Las Vegas.

There were about four cars already parked in front of the Jauregui residence. After ringing the doorbell, Lauren and Camila stood at the door waiting for someone to answer.

Soon the door opened and there stood Anthony.

"There she is!" He grinned.

"Hey, Tony." Lauren smiled. She stepped over the threshold and gave her mother's fiancé a hug.

Camila stepped inside as well, closing the door behind her. Keeping a hand on the older man's shoulder, Lauren turned and gestured towards the brunette.

"Tony, this is my girlfriend. Camila."

" Camila." He said, leaning in giving her a polite peck on the cheek. "I've heard a lot about you."

The doctor smiled and nodded.

"It's nice to meet you, Anthony."

"Call me Tony, kid. We're all family here."

Camila grinned. "Okay, Tony."

Camila 's first impression of this man was positive so far. Anthony was a charming man and she could already see why Clara is taken with him.

A few voices could be heard further back in the house.

"Come this way you two. We're in the dining room."