Chapter 6

Lizzie sat in front of her window, tapping her feet against the ground nervously. It was nearly one in the morning now, and she had spent the past half hour desperately trying to decide whether or not she regretted having called Hope.

"Don't leave me hanging," a voice said.

Lizzie stifled a yelp by clamping a hand over her mouth. She stared out the window, to see that Hope Mikaelson was staring right back at her. Hope had hooked her hand around the top of Lizzie's window frame, and was now waiting expectantly.

"Open it up," Hope mouthed.

Lizzie undid the latch on the window, and it swung open.

Hope slid into Lizzie's room, and dusted herself off.

"You came," Lizzie said in disbelief.

"You called me, remember?" Hope said. "And would you look at that. My prediction turned out to be true. I told you last Thursday that you'd be begging me to come back by the end of the week," she smirked.

Lizzie blinked. "That was what you meant by that?" she said in disbelief.

"Of course," Hope grinned. "What else?"

"I..." Lizzie faltered, unsure of how to react to this. She had been sure that the words 'I guarantee you that by the end of the week, you're going to be begging me to come back' had been delivered as a threat. And yet now, Hope was telling her that her master plan had been to- what, simply seduce Lizzie?

"Why am I here, Lizzie?" Hope asked. "Why tell me to leave you alone, then call me at half past midnight and invite me over?"

"Just one more night," Lizzie blurted out. "Just one more night. I need- I need-" Lizzie searched her mind for the correct word.

"I need closure," Lizzie finally said.

Hope smiled, as if amused by this statement. "Closure? What do you mean by that?"

"Why does it matter to you?" Lizzie scowled. "You told me I was just a stupid fling, anyway. If I mean so little to you, then my request shouldn't mean much, either."

Hope stared at Lizzie for a few seconds, then shrugged. "I just think it's unfair that I should grant something to you, while you do nothing for me in return," Hope said.

"Fine," Lizzie groaned. "What do you want?"

"I want..." Hope pondered this for a few moments. "I want you to stop seeing that quarterback. The Sherriff's son."

"Ethan? You want me to stop dating Ethan?" Lizzie said.

"Exactly," Hope answered.

"Wha- Why?" Lizzie asked.

Hope shrugged. "I dunno. I just don't like seeing the two of you together. It makes me feel... Weird," she said.

"But- But if I leave him now, right when he's going through the trauma of knowing a kid died in his own house, I'll seem like the most insensitive person on earth!" Lizzie exclaimed.

"I've named my price. Take it or leave it," Hope said.

God, Hope Mikaelson was infuriating.

"See you, then," Hope said. She turned around to head towards the window again, only to be stopped by Lizzie, who grabbed Hope's wrist and pulled her back.

"Fine," Lizzie gritted through clenched teeth, unable to explain the unquenchable desire that was rising inside of her chest. "If that's what you want."

And without another word, Lizzie threw herself on top of Hope, knocking both of them onto Lizzie's bed. Hovering over Hope, Lizzie began to kiss her furiously. But no matter how passionately they made out, the craving Lizzie had only seemed to grow.

Using her vampire speed, Hope flipped the two of them around, so that she was now the one sitting on top of Lizzie. Hope could feel black veins rippling throughout her face as her emotions grew out of control.

Yet instead of looking frightened, Lizzie looked quite intrigued by Hope's vampire face. Lizzie raised a hand to the side of Hope's cheek, and let her thumb brush over Hope's lips.

Hope reached for the hem of her own shirt, and pulled it off. She did the same for Lizzie, and their clothes were tossed aside. Hope leaned down and began to place a series of kisses on Lizzie's chest.

Intoxication. That was the only word that could describe what Lizzie was feeling right now. Sweet intoxication.

*****

"This was fun," Hope said a half hour later. "Bye, now."

Lizzie bolted upright into a sitting position. "You're leaving?" she said.

Hope smirked. "You don't expect me to stay, do you? It's just like you said. You don't mean that much to me, Lizzie. You're just..." Hope paused for a few seconds. "You're just something fun to have around on the side."

And just like that, Hope hoisted herself out of Lizzie's window, and dropped onto the ground below.

Lizzie stared after her, speechless and at a loss for words.