Chapter 15

A crowd of students had gathered in the courtyard, eagerly or nervously waiting for whatever was about to happen with Hope and the kids she had called out during lunchtime. The Mystic Falls High students had no idea what was happening, but even they could guess that anyone who got on Hope Mikaelson's bad side 'usually ended up dead'. Of course, they took that phrase as a figurative meaning, when the literal meaning was actually true.

Warren and Sienna had shown up, but not all of their witch accomplices had arrived. MG stood behind one of the columns which supported the walls surrounding the courtyard. He wasn't grateful for any of this, even if he really wanted to see Warren and Sienna getting their asses handed to them. The only good part about this place was that his lessons with the professors who were helping him control his ripper nature had begun taking effect. He could now inhale the scent of blood without going in a frenzy, though black veins still erupted all over his face when he smelled it.

"You can't expect me to believe this is all of you," Hope was saying to Warren, Sienna, and the witches. "But I suppose this just makes it more fun for me. Now, I'll get to hunt down the ones who didn't show up," she smiled.

Hope's elite squad began to circle Hope's soon-to-be victims. They were envied by everyone in the school, and feared, too. Alyssa Chang and Jed Tien. The smartest witch of the year and the former werewolf alpha. Kaleb had been a part of this little group, too, but had then gotten kicked out for a reason MG couldn't fathom.

"Since our new guests are watching," Hope gestured to the Mystic Falls High kids who were mixed in with the crowd of Mikaelson students, "I'll only be serving my anger to you two in public today," Hope spoke to Warren and Sienna.

MG couldn't imagine what the Mystic Falls High students were thinking when short and small Hope Mikaelson marched up to the large and burly Warren with a confident smirk on her face. During the length of ten seconds, she stepped behind him, kicked him behind his knees, pushed his back to make him fall to the ground, turned him over, and landed a punch to his face. She pressed her knee against his shoulderblade; Only the vampires could hear the small popping noise that followed right before Warren's face contorted into an expression of pain.

Sienna did something really stupid just then. She made a run for it. Jed threw her back, straight into Hope's arms. Hope grabbed Sienna's wrist and twisted it. The Mystic Falls High students let out a collective gasp when a sickening snap was heard. They began to call out for teachers. Thankfully, none of them were stupid enough to try and stop Hope themselves-

"Maya, no!" MG shouted.

But he was too late. The Machado girl had made a beeline for Hope. "What the hell is wrong with you?" she shouted. "This isn't right! You can't go aroun beating people up, no matter how bitchy they are!"

An unsettling quiet came over the crowd. Alyssa raised her eyebrows at Hope, as if to ask, 'You want me to set her on fire?'

But Hope merely smiled. "I like you, Maya," she said. "You're... Bold. What would you say if I were to ask you to become a permanent student of the Mikaelson Academy?"

Now it was the Mikaelson students who were gasping in shock. Unlike the humans, they knew what Hope meant by this. Oblivious to the fact that she had been just delivered an invitation to death by the Original Tribrid, Maya rolled her eyes. "What is that supposed to mean?" she snapped.

"Hope," Jed called, frowning as if concentrating on something. "Freya and Rebekah are headed this way."

"Thanks, Jed," Hope said, then casually dug the heel of her boot into Warren's hand, breaking several of his finger bones. Alyssa took Maya by the arms and dragged her away from the fight, while Hope turned to Sienna again and threw the girl's face onto the stone ground.