Chapter 32 {Carter}

Sometimes we need someone to simply be there... Not to fix anything or do anything in particular, but just to let us feel we are supported and cared about...

Catalaiya's pov:

(Catalaiya's outfit⬆️ no nail extension)

After breakfast, Alfred went to help Aziel to go to the bathroom. While Aziel wash his face, brushed his teeth Alfred stood in the room in case he needed anything. He didn't put on any shirt or t-shirts as moving around too much, was hurting his abdomen, instead, he wore his bathrobe.

For lunch, Thalia went to his room to give him his food while Alfred and I sat by the table to eat. We were almost done when Alicia and Adam came to visit us. Adam had his right hand completely bandaged and he was wearing a grey t-shirt with black jeans.

"I'll go see Aziel." He excused himself as he made his way upstairs. Alicia walked to us and sat beside me.

"Hello people,"

"Hi," I greeted her.

"Did you have lunch?" Alfred asked her.

"Yeah, we bought some chicken wrap on our way and we ate in the car." She replied.

I finished my food and we went on the couch to sit and talk. Alfred went to the guest house as he had some work to do while Thalia came back and had her lunch. I wanted to help her do the dishes but she didn't let me.

There was a knock on the main door and Thalia went to open it. Carter walked in with his laptop and a grey file in his hand.

"Hello ladies," he smiled at us.

"Hi," we all said.

"I believe you are here for Aziel. He's in his room with Adam." Thalia told him.

"Yeah, they just want to finish a work." He replied briefly.

A work?

He turned to walk toward the stairs when Alicia stopped him.

"Listen, I know I shouldn't interfere in their work but they are both injured and they need rest. Whatever work has to be done I'm sure can wait." Alicia told him with confidence.

Carter seemed taken aback.

"Yes, I know they are injured. But they asked me to bring this, I can't say no," Carter replied.

"But you can delay the work." I pointed out.

"I-I'll try." He said hesitantly. He turned around and rushed upstairs. Alicia and I glanced at each other.

Is it so hard for them to just rest?

----

Aziel's pov:

Carter walked in and looked at us.

"Wow, they got you good." He commented making us glare at him. I was still on the bed on the same spot that I was this morning while Adam was sitting on the edge at the front of the bed.

Carter walked to me and handed me the file while he turn on his laptop.

"Everyone at the mansion knows that we are looking for the one who betrays you two. If the traitor heard it, he'll be on his guard and it will be hard for us to find him." Carter explained.

"He will leave some clues, they always do." Adam pointed out.

We ended up looking at the footage, writing all the names that could be related to the attack. We went through the camera in the mansion while Carter show us who could be the potential traitor. We will still keep an eye on the others in case we were wrong.

"All right, now that we know all the names and the potential traitor... I'll take it from here. Your ladies told me that you both need to rest and that I should delay the work-which I won't have to do now since everything will be done by me." Carter says as he closes his laptop.

They what?

"Our ladies?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, you two are staying home to rest." He added.

"And may we know why you are listening to them and not us?" Adam inquired genuinely curious.

"Because you two are injured and you won't be able to do anything to me but your ladies are fine and healthy and I don't want to have two furious ladies on my back." He replied.

"I can still beat you," Adam stated.

"No, you can't. You can't even lift your arm." Carter pointed out.

"But I can," I stated.

"Yeah, but you won't be able to run after me." He smirked.

He's annoyingly right...

"So Chiao." He walked out closing the door behind him.

"Which side is he on?" Adam asked as he turned toward me.

I shrugged which I shouldn't have done as it made me wince in pain.

"I should get going, I'll see you when I will," Adam says as he stood up.

He walked out of the room and I was left by myself. I slowly lift myself, pulled some of the pillows from my back and laid down, staring at the ceiling. Fifteen minutes later, I heard a knock. I looked at the door and saw Catalaiya walking in.

"Hi," she says.

"Hey,"

"Do you want anything?" She asked me as she stopped by the bed.

"I'm bored," I replied.

"Try to sleep," she suggested to me.

"I don't want to sleep."

"Watch a movie?"

"No, I don't want to."

"Do you want to eat?" She asked making me chuckle.

"No,"

She furrowed her eyebrow, "What do you want to do?"

"The space beside me is empty," I told her.

"And?" She asked, confused.

"Lay down,"

She gave me a hesitant look.

"Lay down," I repeated.

She walked around the bed and lay down beside me, looking at the ceiling.

"This is your spot, you shouldn't hesitate," I told her.

"I guess it will take some time for me to adjust." She says softly.

It will...

"So may I know what you told Carter?" I inquired and I saw her eyes widen slightly.

"Nothing," she replies quickly.

"Really? That's not what he said."

"I don't know what you are talking about." She denied it.

I chuckled, shaking my head.

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah