18. Popcorn On The Floor

Meanwhile, at the theater, Kaylee and Taylor got popcorn and drinks, then headed into auditorium four to see a horror movie.

They settled towards the back because Taylor was on the lookout to avoid anyone he might know, as they sat waiting for the movie to begin.

Kaylee pulled her phone out of her purse and unlocked the screen. After a moment she put it back in her purse.

"I'll be right back," said Kaylee. "Mom wants me to call her before the movie starts."

"What does she want?"

"I don't know."

"Well hurry," Taylor replied, munching on a handful of popcorn. "The trailers are about to start and you know you don't want to miss the trailer for the new Marvel movie, "The Mighty Avengers: Zodiac," with the awsome, incredible, and impossibly beautiful Ava Ayala aka White Tiger."

"I know, I can't wait. I'll hurry."

Kaylee exited the auditorium and Taylor sat watching as the previews of upcoming movies began. He was so mesmerized by a trailer for the latest James Gunn DC Universe movie that he didn't notice that the person who sat down next to him wasn't Kaylee.

Taylor felt someone poke his bicep with their finger.

"What, Kaylee?" He asked without taking his eyes off the screen.

He felt another poke.

"What?"

Then a third.

This time he turned to look.

"Wha-uh, Johnny?! What the- W-what are you doing here?" Taylor asked, shock to see him instead of Kaylee.

He was so surprised and freaked out he almost spilled his bucket of popcorn on the floor.

"Hi." Johnny replied with a grin.

"Why are you here? How did you know we were here?"

"Well, my dad said Kaylee's mom told him you two would be here and she thought we should give you a little company " Johnny grinned again.

"Oh, well that's not necessary, Kaylee and I will be fine," said Taylor. "She just went to call her mom and you're in her seat."

"Oh really? I don't think she's coming back."

"What do you mean?"

"Butch took her into the theater next door. They're getting ready to watch an action movie."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. I left her with him when she told me where you were," said Johnny, helping himself to a handful of Taylor's popcorn.

Taylor, who had been leaning forward in his seat, sat back and felt Johnny place his arm around his shoulder.

"Are you crazy!" yelled Taylor a bit too loud, causing half the theater to turn around.

Taylor practically crawled under his seat, slumping down from embarrassment.