The Final Boss Was Always Me

*Summary: The heroes think they've reformed her, but sometimes the villain just wants to be evil. After all, what is considered good or evil in this world?*

Villainess: Princess Rosario, the Demon King's daughter
Male Leads: Sir Askar, Prince Menlo, and Flamiel the Wizard
Heroine: Princess Elisabetta, the saintess
Second Lead: Demontio, the Captain of the Demon Army

__________________________________

"Oh my lady, you are the most beautiful of them all!"

"Oh Sir Askar, you cannot exchange these pleasantries in front of the entire party. Some may get jealous."

"Tis true Askar, let me take the Lady's attention from you a bit."

"No fair! I want to be by her side today!"

I, the now Princess Elisabetta of the Kingdom of the Golden Sun, was a normal girl that used to live in the modern world. Back there, I played this RPG otome game called World Stars, an interesting take on dating hot boys that involved slaying monsters. It was there I met the three male leads that each track would take me down; Sir Askar the Knight, Prince Menlo, and the powerful sorcerer Flamiel. Each route provides a different story and different monsters to fight. Eventually, if you do all three campaigns, you unlock a hidden route that lets all three males become your husbands after the game is through. Before I could finish, I got hit by a bus on the way to school.

Not all is lost since I was reincarnated into Princess Elizabetta, who was well-known for her powers of purification. With my new life and powers, I vowed to cleanse the world of all known evil and put an end to the Demon King once and for all. Along the way, I picked up each of the male leads and effectively charmed them.

Of course, like with every otome game, there's the villainess that wants to steal my man away. This villainess is the daughter of the Demon King, Princess Rosario. Princess Rosario was a tantalizing temptress who used dark magic to try and cause chaos. In all the routes, she tries to come between me and my love. With Sir Askar, she summoned a massive army to beat him to submission to marry her. With Prince Menlo, she feeds him a love potion that backfires. Finally, with Flamiel she tries to out magic him, but to no avail. Each time she is slain by the man in question and her father is defeated.

However, I felt pity for her. She only did this because her father never taught her true love. Maybe instead of killing her, I could find a way to save her instead. She doesn't seem like a bad person, just misunderstood by everyone. Maybe if I purified her, she'll even become a good guy.

So that's what I did! Before the start of the journey, I ventured to the outskirts of town to her lair. I was shocked to find that she wasn't putting up much of a fight. Maybe a sign of this being an early game, but I used the most powerful purification spell I knew from the game. There was a flash of light and she was cured! The darkness that seeped its way into her heart was gone and she was an even a nicer person. I invited her to join my party, vowing to save her from her wicked father.

This is where the journey is now. Rosario, the boys, and I went around the country to stop the demon hoards.

"Are you sure about taking Princess Rosario to the Demon King's Lair? What if she betrays us?" Flamiel asked me, glaring at said Princess who was currently stirring a pot of stew.

"Yeah! I mean, who's to say that she won't turn on us the moment we slay her father? We should deal with her now." Menlo pointed out.

Rosario was indeed a terrible person, but she wasn't like that now. She was so reformed that now she acts like our personal maid. She washes our clothes after monster slaying, cooks us scrumptious meals, and even replenishes our magic output when we get drained. How could any of them suspect her to still be cruel?

"I know she may have been evil before, but I think she's changed. I did purify her soul remember?"

Sir Askar grunted, leaning against a tree. "You say that, but demons aren't meant to be good. If she harms you in any way, I won't hesitate to slaughter her."

I felt a tap on my shoulder as Rosario handed me some stew. Looking at her now, she didn't even give off an aura of evil. Her once wild red hair was tamed due to my constant brushing. Her sensual clothes were burned from our fight, so she wore a more modest black dress. She even wore an apron that covered her waist. No way was this innocent face evil anymore. The boys were just paranoid.

I trust Rosario with my life.
__________________________________

I hate Princess Elizabetta with my life.

If there was one thing that I hated was the 'noble and pious' types. This Princess was the so-called light magic user that was destined to slay my father and save the kingdoms. She and her harem of males went around, slaying his creations and healing the land. It was disgusting to see how she saw the good in everything and gave second chances to those who wronged her.

I decided to find out what she was made of. Dementia, my loyal captain of the demon army, stayed nearby to protect me in case she did something strange. To my shock, she tried to purify my soul and convert me to her side.

How dare she!

The light that radiated off her was too strong and almost destroyed me. Dementio almost jumped in to save me, but I waved him off. This could be the opportunity we were waiting for! A way for me to take the throne from my father.

I would "pretend" to be reformed and allow them to slaughter my father. Once the throne is vacant, I shall ascend to take my rightful place as queen. So, for now, I would be friendly and courteous with the princess. I would wash their filthy rags, feed their gullet, and use my magic stone to replenish their magic. The men didn't trust me a bit and would oftentimes insult and jeer at me when the princess wasn't looking. I took it all in stride, but secretly I cursed them.

After making them dinner and being sent outside the inn, I made my way to the woods. Waiting there for me was Dementio in all his armor. I ran towards him, embracing him lovingly and placing a chaste kiss on his lips. Truly, he was the only one who stayed by my side throughout the process and helped restored my magic stone. Without him, I would've perished during the first few times.

"Dementio, these humans are going to make me rethink my plan early," I grumbled, leaning against him. "I fear I may kill them earlier than planned. They cast me out of the inn because they didn't want my demon stench permeating the room."

"Those men are too cruel. To think your father wanted you to marry that Prince or Sorcerer to expand the territory. These men are unworthy to kiss the ground you walk on. Why must we wait? You are stronger now!"

I patted his cheek, calming him. "There is always time to do so. Is my father dead yet?"

Dementio gave an evil smirk. "Poisoned using the holy light particles we were able to accrue from your 'good friend'. When you reach the lair, then you will be the new queen. Your army awaits you."

A slow smile reached its way on my face. Finally, after all this time, I was going to take the throne with the demon I loved, slaughter this child and her males, and take over the world.

After all, I deserved as much for being so good.