17 | the lost treasure

AN:
Merry Christmas, everyone ❤ I hope that you have a joyful celebration. Happy holiday :)

***

"Aiden!" his name is the first thing I shout when I step into the penthouse

My chest is filled with excitement about the quiz I just nailed, and I'm still panting because of running here. I can't wait to tell him the good news.

Ian comes out of the kitchen as soon as he hears my voice. "Aiden hasn't come back from the office."

I totally forgot about that.

I glance at the clock in the living room and notice that it has just reached evening. Ian is right. Aiden might still be busy at work.

I blow a sigh and walk toward my room, thinking about texting Aiden later to thank him.

A giggle escapes from my lips. I can't help but think about the professor's expression when I submitted the paper in front of the class. I remember him nodding his head in approval, like he was satisfied with my answers. In the meantime, I just have to wait patiently until the mark is announced.

I throw my bag and flop myself on the bed, thinking about what I should be doing now. After studying hard, I think I deserve to pamper myself, don't I?

A brilliant idea pops up in my head.

"It's so beautiful," I murmur to myself, leaning back against the edge of the swimming pool as I admire the view of the city lights and skyscrapers at night

I've been here for half an hour. I stretch my legs, feeling the soothing warm water against my skin. Being here is so relaxing that it cures my fatigue after a long day at the campus. I close my eyes and smile, taking a deep breath.

My phone buzzes on the small table near the pool. I'm thinking about ignoring it, but then my curiosity kicks in.

I get out of the water, dry myself with a towel, and check my phone. The notifications are from my two new friends, and I can't help another smile on my face.