ONE - OPERATION: PREVENT ARMAGEDDON

CHAPTER ONE — OPERATION: PREVENT ARMAGEDDON
in the beginning — part two

CHAPTER ONE — OPERATION: PREVENT ARMAGEDDONin the beginning — part two

"And what are they putting in bananas these days?" — crowley

STILL 11 YEARS AGO

EXCLUDING THE OCCASIONAL PHONE CALL, MONAYA HADN'T HAD CONTACT WITH HER DAD SINCE THE CINEMA INCIDENT IN 1995 (don't ask). So, she was certainly looking forward to seeing him. Three years may be nothing to the long and ineffable lives of Angels and Demons, but Monaya was still new to it all — despite her being 97. Not just that, but the fact that she loved her Dad and missed him even though he was a red haired, snake eyed demon. Well, Monaya's half demon, so she's one to talk.

They were about halfway through the fifteen year period with her Papa Aziraphale and Monaya had changed a lot during that time. For some reason — whether it was by Heaven or Hell's design, they did not know — Monaya aged, on average, one physical year every seven human years. The opposite to the way a Dog's lifespan works which led her to believe it was the latter of the two who had that input. So, if she was 97 that meant that physically she looked about 14.

School was certainly a recurring issue, let me tell you that much. But considering that Armageddon was on its way, it seemed that she wouldn't have to deal with it for very much longer.

Ah, Armageddon, that old chestnut. It appeared the day was fast approaching now that her Dad, Crowley, had deposited the Harbinger of Destruction off to where the Nuns would take care of him from there. Badly, as it would later seem.

Once the call with her Dad had ended, Aziraphale caught their daughter up with the events that had transpired earlier that evening. As soon as the name 'Gabriel' was mentioned, Monaya indiscreetly grimaced at the name of the annoying — and slightly mean — angel. Let's just say, Monaya wasn't his biggest fan. And frankly, neither was Aziraphale, an angel who made his best effort to be kind and considerate towards others. Crowley didn't like his fellow demons either: to be fair, it wasn't that hard. So, maybe, the family of three was made for each other after all.