4

The room was larger than any normal classroom. Blue mats lined up along the walls and the ground, it seriously looked like a full weight lifting room, but without the machines. A crowd of students were forming in the middle of the room while others dawdled around in the corners. Standing there in awe, you could barely believe your eyes. The schedule wasn't lying to you. Heart plummeting down to the core of your stomach, you could already feel the anxiety kicking in. This was... not going to end well.

The large group of people in the middle cleared a little bit that you could finally take a peek at what they were fretting over. It was not a what, but a who. You widened your eyes at a girl that gathered everyone's attention upon her. Silvery purple locks falling down in thick curls from her head, she was so beautiful that it was unnerving. As pale as snow, her face was ridden of any blemishes or flaws. Silver hues that were soft and doeful, it accentuated and matched her entire self.

You wondered how life could be so unfair that someone like her existed while you were... well, you.

There could only be one explanation to this phenomenon. This girl was also one of the elites. Perhaps she was the main character too? Though the girl was definitely elite and main character material, you knew you couldn't confirm until you saw how she performed in this class.

Footsteps approached behind you and turning around to see who it was, you refrained the groan that begged to spill out. Right on time. A woman stood there at the doorway to the room and in her arms were a large pile of white uniforms. All of the other students noticed her as well and before you could even process anything, they all came barreling towards your way and to the woman.

Trampled by hot and sweaty bodies, you nearly lost your balance for the millionth time this day and was pushed to the end of the line. You blinked for a few seconds and took a deep breath.

Maybe instead of caring about main character shit, you should be worried for yourself first.

Scrambling for a spot in line, you patiently waited until you reached the woman. The woman had her long, hazel hair tied tightly in a bun and was already in a uniform, with a black belt wrapped around her hips. "Hello. Welcome to Martial Arts, dear. I'm Ms. Fujimoto, the instructor for this class. What is your name?"

You took a quick bow. "I'm [Y/N]. It's a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Fujimoto."

She grinned and the corners of her eyes wrinkled. Handing you one of the uniforms, she responded, "Likewise."

Damn. Back at it again with being the teacher's pet.

Realizing you were holding up the line, you sidestepped and left the room and went where you saw other students had gone. Across the doorway to the classroom were two other doors that signified the boy and girl locker rooms and changing stations. Going to the left one, you swerved through a narrow hallway to arrive at the changing room. Unable to keep the look of distaste on your face, you hurried to a vacant spot to quickly change from one uniform to the other.

While you minded your own business, you could hear gossip from the aisle before you; it was separated by the red lockers, but their voices were as clear as day.

"Did you see her?"

"Of course. We all did. Does she not have any shame for reading a book so obviously?"

"I should've taken it and tear that bitch to pieces. Why attend Dawning to do shit like that, you know?"

"Can you blame her? Books are her only friends. She's so weak and she has no future, so no one's willing to talk to her."

Laughter ensued afterwards and then came the slam of lockers that echoed loudly into your ears.

Feeling slightly sick at the conversation you just overheard, you quickly slipped out of the uniform, your skin bare to the uncomfortable, cool air of the locker room. This was too similar to physical education; how painfully irritating. The bullying and gossiping was never-ending, was it? Why did you have a feeling this school was going to have these things, but amplified?