Feeling Good

As often, when days are sweet, I enjoy my rooftop terrace.

Our packhouse stands in the middle of a meadow. Like almost all the packs, the headquarters of our pack is hidden in the heart of a large forest.
It looks like a lovely little manor, with large modern bay windows on the garden level. There are two more levels. Upstairs, the windows look more like old manors.

Several guesthouses surround the packhouse. Only the Alpha's family and his Beta's live in the packhouse. All the other important wolves reside in the guesthouses or in the cities on the pack's territory.
Guesthouses are elegant and nicely decorated as they are used by noticeable visitors. Some of them are also used by the most influential pack members, such as the former Alphas, Betas, or chief warriors.

Most of the houses in the city are nice and cozy, but still big enough for families with four or five children because most of the wolves tend to have a lot of pups. Gardens are not separated by fences.
The explanation is simple: we all know each other and regard each other as family. Our family has always defended togetherness, so we can be a powerful pack. If someone attacks one of us, then they have to deal with the whole pack.

Contrary to most of our neighboring packs, arranged mating has never been authorized in Blue Lakes. It forced us to form reliable and long-lasting alliances with other packs. Anyway, my ancestors succeeded, and we are still a respected pack nowadays.

I've always enjoyed it as I grew up in this house. As one of the Alpha's children, I have the chance to live in such a wonderful place.
This house was initially built by the first Alpha of the Blue Lakes pack: he was one of my great-grand-grand-grand-grand relatives.
Our family has always ruled on the Blue Lakes pack. No wolf has ever tried to take over us. I suppose my family has always done their job great.

The whole building looks magnificent. If it has been modernized through generations, my family has consistently refused to change the main walls that are seen to be our pack's soul.

My favorite area is its roof terrace: it is my place, my bedroom balcony, my little haven. My parents decided to give me this room because I am a dreamer and appreciate admiring nature and life in safety. I can spend most of my free time seated on my terrace on the top floor. I keep myself busy with sketching, drawing, writing or reading. My headsets on my head: I let the music guide my creative spirit. I can freely dream while enjoying the incredible view.

Our glade welcomes an orchard with apple, cherry, pear, and orange trees. Some of the trees there are ancient, as it is a tradition in the Evans family to plant a fruit tree for every child's birth.
Next to it, there is a lovely and beautiful garden, with vegetables and flowers sprouting everywhere. Every pack member is allowed to come here. If my mother spends a lot of time here, the kids do too. School teachers often take them, so they learn all about nature.

I used to paint a lot in both of these places when I was younger.
Birds and butterflies are everywhere when times are beautiful. That's just ideal for relaxing and improving artistic skills.
At least, that's my opinion. I really am a nature lover.

Today, my entire attention is on the woods. The fresh air makes the leaves play us some music. Birds take their role as singers so passionately. It sounds like they take it seriously. Ladybugs dance like wonderful ballerinas in the play of my life. Dragonfly out in the sun, butterflies all out having fun.
I draw the landscape and try not to forget any details. This way, the scene will live eternally. I let my pencil glide on the pages of my sketchbook. My hand dances to picture the moving grass around the house, with some figures walking, playing, and resting on it. The trees seem almost alive, with different tones of green, all the shades perfectly down on the paper.
Once again, my soul seems to express itself, on its own, through artwork.
I've been drawing for hours when I breathe the sweetest smell ever, just like an avalanche of candies falling on me.