Ch. 19 - Maybe

The uproar from the video has been unimaginable. Once it started trending on Twitter, there were tons of articles written about Aiden's frat and about this University in just two days. College students have begun protesting outside of the STD house, begging for them to be kicked off campus.

It's weird. Everyone knows that these frats have been doing things like this for years, but now that it's been enlightened it's complete chaos.

The video is hard to watch, but I can't count the number of times I have rewatched it. I listened for my breath. Can you hear me in the video? Can you see my hand? Is there anything that could convict me of being the one to capture the hazing? I can't stop watching to see.

Aiden doesn't know it was my video. And he wants to know who leaked the video. All of his "brothers" do as well. It's all they can talk about right now, according to Aiden.

I haven't talked to Joe. Sophie invited him over to our apartment, which is why I decided to leave. I can tell she feels stuck in the middle— and she is.

I walk past a line of shouting protestors to go see my boyfriend.

"It's so crazy out there," I say when Aiden picks me up at the front door.

"Yeah, tell me about it," he says with a defeated sigh.

He looks exhausted. I haven't been able to see him since he found out about the video. He's been deflecting reporters, dealing with law enforcement, the fraternity council, the University.

"I'm so happy to see you," he pulls me in for a hug once we're in his bedroom.

I take in his embrace, holding him tight, hoping he can't feel my heart racing. I'm so on edge. "Me too."

"It's been hell," he says, pulling away.

I want to pull him back.

"What's going to happen?"

He shakes his head. "I don't know. I mean, we'll probably get shut down on campus. The other Sigma Tau chapters are so pissed."

I frown. "I'm sorry."

Aiden's bedroom door swings open.

"Dude—" Bradley stops when he sees me, his smile quickly turning into a frown. "Oh."

"Hi," I say softly.

"Hi," Bradley replies with that same frown. He turns to Aiden. "Uh, I came in to tell you that Mikey flooded the upstairs bathroom. It's actually kind of hilarious because he's trying to deny it."

Aiden shakes his head. "Duty calls." He places his hand on my arm gently. "I'll be right back."

"Duty literally calls," Bradley teases.

When Aiden leaves to go help with the flooded bathroom, Bradley stays. I didn't expect him to stay. We don't necessarily get along. I've always gotten a feeling Bradley didn't particularly like me, and he didn't like me being around so much.

"When's your last final?" I ask, innocently trying to start conversation.

He doesn't respond to my question. He clenched his hand in a fist, clenching and unclenching, debating what he's going to say to me next.

"Weren't you here that night?"

My stomach tightens. "What?"

"You slept over that night of the video," he says. "You're the only other person who was here." His voice is calm, pointed. It's almost terrifying.

"I-I'm not sure what you're saying..."

I know exactly what he's saying. He knows. He knows it was my video, and he probably thinks I'm the one who leaked it. I want to tell him it wasn't me, but I don't have the chance.