|| Currahee [1] ||

°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

First lieutenant Anastasia Volkovna worked hard for the position she had. It was unusual for a woman to be so high in the ranks.

With her experience in the feild and her knowledge of the axis powers, she was offered a transfer. To America.

Specifically the new unit of paratroopers.

Camp Toccoa, Georgia [1942]

Anastasia Volkovna walked the path leading to Colonel Sinks office. With her head held high and her back rigidly straight she knocked on the door. Two sharp knocks echoed through the room.

"Come in." She opened the door while stepping into the office.

Colonel Sink was sitting behind his desk with a file open infront of him.

"Take a seat." He said while pointing to a chair infront of his desk. "I'm quite impressed with what they say about you."

"Thank you, sir." Anastasia replied, she ran her tongue across her red tinted lips.

She was panicing on inside but after years of controlling her emotions, she hid her panic very well. Or she hoped she did becuase she wouldn't want to embarass herself by doing that.

" Well, I'll be putting you with Easy campany." He said while looking back at her file. "Since they already have someone who can translate German, you might be able to help with Dutch and French."

"Yes sir."

"And your experience with German artillery, will aid us on the feild. I cannot protect you from what the men will say about a woman in  the army but if anyone makes you feel uncomfortable come tell me. " Colonel Sink said while closing the file and standing up. She nodded.

Anastasia stood up with him while holding  her hand out to shake is. "Thank you, sir."

"I'll call Lieutenant Winters to take you to where you'll be staying." He said and then walked out the room to call the lieutenant.

Anastasia finally let out a breath and looked done at her scarred hands. Slowly lifting her right hand over her left and ran her nails quickly over the top.

Breathing out slowly as she started to feel the burning feeling of her nails scratching at her skin.

"Lieutenant Winters, this is Lieutenant Volkovna from the Soviet Union." Colonel Sink introduced the man as they walked back into the office.

"Pleasure to meet you, lieutenant Volkovna." Winters said while taking her hand to shake it.

"Like wise." Giving him a firm hand shake and nod.

"Winters will take you to where you'll be sleeping." Colonel Sink nodded and went back to desk.

Anastasia and Winters walked out of the office towards the officers sleeping courtiers. He opened the door and let her in. Lieutenant Nixon sat up from where he was laying.

" Lewis Nixon, nice to meet you. " He said introduced himself.

"Anastasia Volkovna." She nodded at him.

"You can take the bed at the back, uhm, you'll get more privacy there."

"Thank you." Anastasia said and put her case with all her uniforms and her other personal items in her foot locker.

°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°¬°

Anastasia had been laying on her bed reading for 1 hour when they were called to the mess hall for dinner. She put her book down and straightened her uniform before she walked out he Barack with Winters and Nixon.

Outside the mess hall she could hear all the men inside talking with each other. It made her nervous. She never liked eating in front of people, afraid they might judge her.

Her eating habits weren't the best. For example if she ate to much, which for her to much would be less then a grown woman's portion of food, she feel sick. And stop eating leaving a lot of her food still on the plate.

In Russia she'd just wait till everyone else was done eating and then get her food so she would not offend anyone who might think she was being disrespectful. But here she couldn't do that.

She was surrounded by men who wouldn't understand her obsession with being thin. Or they'd think something else and well judge her. Her main fear.

"Volkovna, are you coming?" Nixon said while holding the door open.

Anastasia followed him in and trailed behind him as he walked to where they were serving the food. She felt the eyes of the other men on her. They probably wondered what she was doing there and in a uniform no less.

She walked with her head held high and picked up a plate. The cook put a bigger portion of what they were eating on her. She grabbed utensils and walked to where Winters and Nixon was sitting.

She put her plate down and sat near the wall, trying to put as much distance between her and Winters. She lifted the fork to her mouth and ate what was on it.

"So." She looked up when Nixon started to talk. "How is Russia?"

Delaney looked up from her plate. "It's bad. Since Hitler decided to invade Russia, the army has been under a lot of strain."

She lost her family thanks to the Germans invading her home town of Leningrad. Giving her another reason to want to fight back against them.

"Oh, uhm." Nixon and Winters sat awkwardly trying to think of something make conversation over.

"I think I should introduce you to the men, while we're all in here." Winters said as he stood up.

She nodded in reply and stood up.

"Easy company, this first lieutenant Anastasia Volkovna from Russia ." He said showing towards her. "Treat her with the same respect you'd do with the rest of us officers, no matter where she's from."

"Yes sir." Easy chorused.