17

Orion King

Orion King

I got up from the bed slowly, and made sure not to wake her up. Ruth. She was sleeping right besides me, peacefully. I knew by the time she woke up later that she was going to find me gone, and wonder when I was coming back. I hope she did. For some reason, the thought of her worrying about me sent shivers down my spine, and butterflies flying in my stomach. God, she's so beautiful when she sleeps, and when she's awake.

She's just pure.

Pure innocence, and just plainly good. I'm not right for her, and I don't have to be, but I want to. The last time I felt like this, I was taken advantage of, so I can't compromise myself like that again. But with Ruth, it's like I can't help but do just that.

I made it out of the room, and into my own to get dressed. I put on all black attire, dark black jeans, a black bodysuit top, and a leather jacket. I knew my brothers and the others would be here soon, and so I made my way downstairs immediately.

"Anne," I called, "I will be out. You're allowed to leave whenever, just make sure to be back here tomorrow early. Before you leave, I give you permission to check in with Ruth. She's sleeping now, but I have a feeling she'll wake up." I gave her my orders, and watched her nod back.

I called my guards over a few moments later, just a precaution. I knew Ruth wouldn't escape, mainly because I still have Emily, and only I know where she truly is. She's so pure that she wouldn't leave her own cousin, even to save herself. I wouldn't blame her if she did, but she wouldn't.

After the arrival of my brothers and the others, we immediately headed down to the warehouse, to retrieve what we needed to steal.

Money, and drugs.

Don't get wrong, I'm rich. Filthy. But the one thing father told me, was that in order to win a war, you need advantages. I can't win this war if she's rich as well. Money gives you power, and that's why I intend to take it, as well as the drugs.

Atticus drove.

I still hadn't spoken to him yet, and the fact that we were all stuck in this van for another thirty minutes, wasn't helping my case at all. He looked over at me a few times, but I looked away.

Despite me telling Adonis that he couldn't come, he still did, and did nothing but crack lame jokes. He's immature, but deadly with a weapon, and so I didn't mind. Rucifer on the other hand, was meticulous, already planning an outcome.

As far as love goes, I have that for all of them. I might be willing to slit all of their throats, or put bullets in their heads, but they're family.